Deadline : July 15, 2021
The YSEALI Academy at Fulbright University Vietnam (Fulbright) aims to advance the Indo-Pacific development. Through providing capacity-building seminars, the Academy aims to boost prosperity to emerging Southeast Asian leaders. The Academy hosts different seminars that offer unique opportunities to discuss and address critical issues of public policy, technology and entrepreneurship in Southeast Asia. Different attendants including internationally renowned speakers, regionally distinct and critical topics, innovative approaches, inspiring environment share their ideas to build towards the Academy goals.
For the 2021 experience, YSEALI Academy at Fulbright University Vietnam plans to offer three flagship seminars addressing challenging issues facing the region such as energy economics and policy, contemporary cybersecurity challenges and opportunities, and fundamentals of startup investing in Southeast Asia. Click here to read more about our seminars.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, this year’s Academy will be composed of a series of seminars conducted virtually utilizing cutting-edge technology to maximize Fellows’ learning outcomes and networking opportunities. However, Starting in 2022, the program plans to offer face-to-face seminars in Vietnam with experiential learning and other active learning pedagogies, including company and institution visits, cultural immersion, and excursions.
YSEALI Academy offers the following benefits
- Selected participants to attend the YSEALI Academy Seminars will get the fellowship funded by the U.S. Department of State.
- For the 2021 fellowship, the program will cover the online seminar costs. From 2022 onwards, it will include the costs for attending the seminar in Vietnam.
- There is no separate application form for funding. You only need to submit the application package.
To be eligible for the seminars at YSEALI Academy, you must be:
- You must be a Citizens of 10 ASEAN member states and Timor-Leste
- If you wish to apply, you must be Young professionals between the ages of 25 and 40
- Applicants with no previous YSEALI experience must be between the ages of 25 and 35
- YSEALI alumni must be between ages of 36 and 40.
- Please also note that YSEALI alumni between ages of 41-45 can still apply but will be deliberated on a case-by-case basis.
Applications for the Academy are submitted using the online application form. The academy will be running three seminar for the 2021 session, namely
- Technology and Innovation Seminar – September 13 – 24, 2021
- Public Policy Seminar – July 05 – 16, 2021
Applications for the Technology and Innovation Seminar is now open for applications and applications may be submitted by the deadline of July 15, 2021. apply will be selected based on the following
- Your Educational Background
- The candidate’s prior Work and Life Experience
- Your leadership skills and Interests in the seminar topic.
- Interest in Southeast Asian development and US-Southeast Asian relationship
- Fit with YSEALI mission
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here