Deadline: April 13, 2023
Apply for the 2024 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) offers a unique opportunity to qualified young professionals to enhance their skills and Knowledge on WTO and international trade issues. Applicants for the program are usually young individuals of up to the age of 32 years from eligible developing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members.
Through this programme, WTO aims to widen the pool of professionals from these countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.
This is programme works to offer the selected young professionals with the opportunity to gain work experience in the WTO. The programme will run for one year in which participants will learn, engage and put to practice their knowledge accumulated during the academic and work experience
Selected candidates will work on the following terms
- Selected applicants will be recruited on a temporary appointment contract
- You will receive a monthly salary worth approximately CHF 4,000
- Candidates will work in various departments within the WTO
- The total duration of the program is one (1) year
Eligible applicants must meet the following programme conditions
- Eligible candidates must posses a university degree in law, economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to the work of the WTO.
- The list of all participating countries can be seen here
- Priority will be given to candidates from developing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members
- You must posses a minimum of two (2) years of professional experience relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Candidates must be fluent in English, how ever, a good working knowledge either French or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Applicants must have general knowledge of the work of the WTO.
Application must be submitted online using the WTO online application portal. Along with you application, you will be requested to submit several support documents including:
- A cover letter of a Motivation. In your motivation, you must specify three areas of work. (Please see all eligible WTO area of work here)
Please remember that preference is given to applicants from WTO Members countries, and in particular, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to this Programme.
For more information, visit the official website here