Deadline: February 1, 2023
Apply for the Vrije Universiteit (VU) Masters Degree Fellowship Programme (VUFP) in the Netherlands. The fellowship Programme (VUFP) is aimed at talented prospective and passionate international students. The program offers eligible applicants a unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. The VUFP scholarship is offered for a duration of one or two years depending on your selected Master’s programme. VU Amsterdam has committed approximately 1 million euro towards this scholarship program with it main goal being, attracting highly motivated and excellent students who wish to study at Vrije Universiteit in the Netherlands.
Recipients for the scholarship studying for a two-year master’s degree programme will have the scholarship extended for the second year only if 100% of the credits of the first year have been achieved. The Faculty VUFP committee will be asked to demonstrate to the Central VUFP committee that these credits have indeed been achieved. The scholarship will only be granted to a student once and is explicitly intended for the Master’s programme for which it has been awarded. These scholarships are only intended for prospective students applying for a master’s degree, therefore currents students may not apply
Selected applicants for the VUFP scholarship program will receive several benefits including:
- The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a Merit scholarship programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results.
- This scholarship covers the tuition fees for your selected program for the whole duration of study.
- Please note that VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards your study or living costs.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- You may be a national of any country other than the Netherlands and must not have Dutch nationality
- Applicants to the programme must be strongly motivated students with excellent study results in their previous academic studies.
- You must present proof of your academic excellence with a GPA of at least 80% of the highest possible mark.
- The applicant’s degree (Bachelors) with which they are applying for admission must not have been obtained in the Netherlands
- You are applying for the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam starting per September 2023.
Interested applicants must register for one of the Master’s degree programmes offered at Vrije Universiteit via the Studielink application platform. After you application for admission has been submitted, you will then apply for the scholarship using the VUnet portal. Applicants must submit their application for admission before applying for the UFP scholarship.
Note: You must submit your application for admission into your preferred master’s degree programme by latest December 1, 2022.
During your VUFP application process, you will be required to submit the following supporting documents
- You must provide proof of excellence / transcript, GPA and grading scale. Please note that to be considered for the VU Fellowship Programme, you need to have a GPA of at least 80% of the highest possible mark.
- A motivation Letter of around 500 words detailing Why do you want to study this specific Master’s programme, What are your future goals and Why do you deserve the VUFP scholarship.
- Your latest CV in preferably a Europass format.
For more information, visit the official website here