Deadline: May 15, 2023
Apply for the University of York GREAT Scholarships program to study in the UK. The university is proud to be part of the UK Government’s GREAT Britain Campaign. This scholarship scheme is run sponsored by the British Council in joint collaboration with several Universities from the UK. The scholarship is dedicated to students from selected countries who wish to study for a postgraduate degree programme in the United kingdom
On its part as a GREAT Scholarship host university, the University of York through this scholarships programme will offer assistance to students from China, Ghana, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Sri Lanka intending to study in the UK in Autumn 2022. Each Scholarship grant is worth £10,000 that must go towards the tuition fee for your proffered one-year postgraduate course.
University Profile: With a population of around 18,000 students from over 150 countries, the university of York has created a students’ environment for you will be part of a thriving global campus. Students are taught by world leading academics who design courses to inspire and support you to graduation and beyond.
The University is located in York, a flourishing city with endless adventure including array of shops, museums, festivals, sporting and cultural activities, restaurants and cafes. York is home to around 200,000 people, a city big enough to feel lively but small enough to feel like home.
If you are selected for the program, you receive the following benefits
- The University of York under the GREAT scholarship programme are offering up to 5 scholarships to eligible applicants.
- These scholarships offer a scholarship grant worth £10,000 to go towards your tuition fees
- GREAT scholarships may be combined with external funding as long as this does not cover 100% of your tuition fees.
In order to apply, you must meet the scholarship application conditions
- You must be a National of either China, Ghana, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Sri Lanka in order to apply
- Applicants must have applied and received a conditional or unconditional offer to study for one of the postgraduate taught course at the University of York
- You must be categorized as fee paying fees overseas student fee rate (your fee assessments must be completed by May 5, 2023)
- Applicants must meet the English language condition set by their selected faculty
- The scholarship is only open to new incoming students, therefore current student of the University of York may not apply
- You must not hold any other scholarship that covers 100 per cent tuition fee or that is fully sponsored
- scholarships ae offered for the following postgraduate programmes
- LLM Law
- MA Applied Human Rights
- LLM Art Law
- International Corporate and Commercial Law (LLM)
- LLM International Human Rights Law and Practice
- Legal and Political Theory (LLM)
Applicants must submit their applications online. Please remember that you must have been admitted / received a conditional or unconditional offer at the University of York. If you have not done so, you are advised to apply for admission, before you can submit your scholarship application
As part of the scholarship application, you will need to provide answers to questions about your course of study and your goals for the future. We may request a document which confirms your nationality.
For more information, visit the official website here