Deadline : July 31, 2021
The University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health in South Africa is inviting applications for its full-time funded Master Degree Programme in the field of Implementation Science. The programme is dedicated to highly qualified candidates from selected eligible countries. This scholarship is funded by TDR and is offered at the University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health in South Africa.
The main aim of this programme is to enhance graduate training capacity in implementation research and boost the number of researchers from low- and middle-income countries. Selected candidates will focus on implementing research on infectious diseases of poverty, including the neglected tropical diseases, malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/TB co-infection and COVID-19.
Applicants for the programme must be candidates from low- or middle-income country who demonstrate interest in Implementation science and therefore meet the programme requirements at the University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health in South Africa. Your career will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will monitor the impact of the programme, as well as provide opportunities for networking and increased visibility opportunities for the Fellows.
Applicants selected for the programme will receive a full scholarships for Masters covering the following
- Selected candidates will receive coverage for Tuition fees, for the entire duration of the programme
- You will receive a monthly stipend to cover daily living expenses and accommodation
- Scholars will receive a Return economy airfare for flights between your country of residence and South Africa
- The programme also covers your basic medical and accident insurance
- You will receive and allowances for research project expenses
To apply for this scholarship program, you must meet the following application conditions
- You must be a resident in and a national of a low- or middle-income country in the WHO African Region (Please see full list here)
- All eligible applicants must be under the age of 35.
- You must demonstrate interest in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Must demonstrate sufficient proficient in English.
- You must have a four-year honours degree, an MBBCh or other health related degree.
- Candidates for this programme usually come from different backgrounds including medical, microbiology, dentistry, statistics, veterinary science and demography
Interested applicants for this programme are requested to follow the procedure below.
- Apply for admission for to study Implementation Science as the field of study in the MSc Epidemiology University of the Witwatersrand. Applications are submitted online at the faculty website
- Complete your application for the TDR scholarship in writing and and submit the following documents
- A well drafted letter of motivation stating your reasons for applying for the scholarships
- Scan and submit acetified copy of the bio-data page of your passport.
- Submit evidence of application to study Implementation Science at University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health staring January 2022.
- You must also include a comprehensive curriculum vitae. Please including a description of relevant research and work experience.
- Request two (2) confidential referee reports which must be sent directly by the referees to the following address: [email protected]
- Your application and the required documents must be sent by main by the deadline of 2021 to: [email protected]
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here