Deadline: May 15, 2022
Applications for the University of Tartu fully funded PhD programmes are now open. The university of Tartu offers several doctoral programmes to students who have completed their Master’s degree studies and are interested in doing a PhD in their selected field. A PhD programme at the university of Tartu lasts for 4 years covering 240 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) to be earned for completion.
Programmes are offered in both English and Russian. Specifically, Russian and Slavonic Philology PhD programmes are offered exclusively in Russian. Students can choose to study at any of the following faculties: Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Technology. If admitted, you will have the opportunity to study at Estonia’s leading research and development institution, You will be part of more than 1100 doctoral students conducting research at the university each year
The University of Tartu is among the top 1.2% of the world’s best universities asp per the QS World University Rankings 2020. University of Tartu also belongs to the top 1% of the world’s most-cited universities and research institutions in the following fields: Clinical Medicine, Plant and Animal Science, Chemistry, Environment/Ecology, Social Sciences (general), Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, Psychiatry and Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavior, Geosciences, Pharmacology and Toxicology
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- There are no tuition fees for doctoral programmes offered at the t University of Tartu.
- The University offers a doctoral allowance worth 660 EUR per month.
- Doctoral students also receive a performance stipend worth 400 EUR per month.
- You will also receive assistance in securing accommodation in the Student’s hostel.
Applicants who wish to apply for the PhD programmes at University of Tartu must meet the following conditions
- Doctoral programmes are open to Estonian Citizens as well as international students from all over the world.
- Applicants must have completed a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification
- Candidates must have sufficient English language proficiency for programmes offered in English
- For programmes offered in Russian, you must have Russian language proficiency specifically for Russian and Slavonic Philology PhD programme
Applications for doctoral degree programmes are completed and submitted online but will also required sending hard copies of required attachments. International applicants who have completed their studies outside Estonia should submit their applications via the DreamApply online portal. You will need to the following documents
- A fully completed online application form
- Attach official copy of the diploma and diploma supplement from your previous studies in original languages
- Official Authorized translations of the diplomas and diploma supplements into English
- Provide proof of English language proficiency and Russian language where applies
- Include a copy of the passport page stating the applicant´s personal particulars;
- You should include a well written motivation letter using the guidelines provided on the website
- Your most recent curriculum vitae
Once admitted, you will be required to send hard copies of the application documents by post to Student Admissions at the University of Tartu.
For more information, visit the official website here