Deadline : May 31, 2021
Apply for the University of Pavia CICOPS Scholarships in Italy. The main aim of the scholarships is to promote international cooperation, Developing Countries usually those that are classified as low, lower middle and upper middle income economies. These scholarships are offered to applicants from these countries for a research based programme at the University of Pavia.
Scholarships are funded by the University of Pavia together with the Institute of the Right to University Studies (EDiSU). For the 2022 selection session, the University is offering up to 5 scholarships to visiting scholars for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
Interested students must contact the department of their choice, submit their expression of interest for a joint research project, and receive letter of invitation from a professor at the University of Pavia. Upon recipient pf your invitation letter, you can then go ahead and apply for the scholarship. You may choose any department of your choice in the field of Science and Technology, Life Sciences as well as Humanities and Social sciences.
Selected applicants will receive a scholarship package that will cover the following
- Scholarship holders will receive a weekly contribution worth 150.00 Euro to cover their personal expenses
- You will receive support in order to obtain your visa, for travel to Italy
- The scholarship will provide you with a return flight ticket from your country to Italy and back
- You will receive a health insurance policy and personal accident insurance for the whole duration of the programme
- Scholarship recipients will receive accommodation at a University College for the period of stay in Pavia
- You will be provided with a card for meals at University canteens
Candidates for the Programme must meet the following conditions
- Scholarships are open to applicants from low, lower middle and upper middle income countries
- To apply, you must have accumulated at least two years of work experience either in teaching or within an international organization and/ or institution.
- Applicants who posses teaching experience must be junior and senior members of Universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centers.
- If you work in an international organizations or institutions, your organization must have its specific interest in the field of development studies.
- You must be able to secure an acceptance letter for a joint research project at a participating Departments, the University of Pavia in Italy.
To apply, you must contact at department of your choice at the University of Pavia , submit your expression of interest for collaboration on a research project in one f the eligible fields. You must discuss your project with your potential supervisor, and up on agreement, request for a letter of Invitation
Applicants must then complete the online application for the University of Pavia 2022 CICOPS Scholarships using the online application portal provided. Along with the application form, you must submit the following documents
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate
Your application must be submitted before the deadline of May 31, 2021.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here