Deadline : December 15, 2021
Apply for the University of Hohenheim AgEcon DAAD Scholarships in Germany. Several scholarships are available for eligible candidates from selected developing countries. These scholarships are dedicated to outstanding AgEcon candidates who are applying to study at the University of Hohenheim in Germany. These scholarships are provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) under its special initiative, Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS).
Scholarships are available for Master’s degree study for one of the programmes offered at the University of Hohenheim. These are highly competitive scholarships and are exclusively dedicated to applicants from developing country. To be eligible, you must have completed least four years of full-time university education and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree can apply. Topically, scholarship recipients come either from a public authority, a state institution, or a private company in a developing country and as such be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policy.
Through this programme, DAAD initiative aims at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- DAAD scholars will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 850 over the two-year AgEcon program period at the University of Hohenheim.
- Selected applicants will have todo a two-months intensive German language course before the program starts.
- You will have to start a bit early takes since the Language course takes place in the months of August and September at a Language Center in Germany.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants must prove excellent academic performance in their previous studies.
- You must be a national or citizen of a developing country
- Candidates must have completed at least four years of full-time university education and posses a Bachelor’s degree at the time of application.
- The period since your graduation from university should not be longer than 6 years ago.
- You must also meet the general general AgEcon entry requirements set by the University of Hohenheim
- Applicants must have accumulated a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience.
Applications for the scholarship program are received till the application deadline December 15, 2021. Selected applicants will therefore be able to begin their studies starting October 2022.
As a requirement for the scholarship, recipients must take a two-months intensive German language course 2 months before commencement of their studies. Therefore your language course will start in August 2022.
To apply, you must first download and completely and correctly fill the official DAAD application form. You must then prepare all required documents application documents.
You must scan all the documents and send them as a single PDF file to: [email protected]
Letters of recommendation will be sent directly by your referee (Your employer or Professor) to the same email address
The list of scanned applications document to be sent via mail
- A fully completed and signed DAAD application form with current date
- You must include a signed CV in europass format with current date
- Write and sign a Letter of Motivation of maximum two pages with current date.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer written on a letterhead, signed, with an official stamp to be sent directly by the recommender
- Include Certificates of Employments that show proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience.
- Submit your Degree, Diploma and Certificates and Transcripts of records. Include a certified translation in case these were not issued in English or Germany.
Applicants must then compete the online application for the AgEcon program from the University website and must remember to upload all the documents required for admission.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here