Deadline: January 15 , 2022
Apply for the University of British Columbia International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) for Undergraduate international applicants who wish to apply for a Bachelors degree program in Canada. The International Major Entrance Scholarships is part of the International Scholars Program that aims to brings some of the world’s brightest young undergraduates to study at UBC. Eligible applicants for scholarships under this programme are International Scholars who are high academic achievers and have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, show a desire to create global change, and they are dedicated to giving back to their schools and communities.
The International Major Entrance Scholarships are dedicated to exceptional international students applying for admission and interested in undergraduate programs at UBC. Successful applicants who have been admitted to the program of their choice will receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC. The scholarship is valid for one year and is renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world and recently recognized as North America’s most international university. The university has placed its self as a global center for teaching, learning and research, consistently maintained its reputation as one of the world’s top research universities. With its two major campuses, the Vancouver Campus and the Okanagan Campus the university boosts as one of the most desired destination with a population of up to 58,000 students from Canada and 140 countries.
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- The university of British Columbia has dedicated more than $30 million annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial aimed at international undergraduate students who wish to study at UBC.
- As a scholarship recipient, you join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders who enrich UBC with their diverse perspectives, involvement, and innovation.
- Successful applicants will get an opportunity to study at a top 40 university and North America’s most international university with a chance to grow, connect, research, and innovate.
In order to apply for the IMES, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- You must be a new applicant to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Applicants are international prospective student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa).
- The scholarship is strictly for international non Canadian applicants. Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility
- You must demonstrate an exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, passion as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- All applicants will need to apply and be admitted to the program of their choice in order to be considered for the scholarship
- You must not be nominated for any other scholarship including the need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
There is no separate application form for this scholarship. As soon as you receive an offer of admission to UBC, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship based on your demonstrated academic achievement and your extracurricular involvement. Therefore apply as soon as possible and stand a chance to be considered for this scholarship. This scholarship application is for the studies that will commence will the summer semester of May to August 2022
Applications for admission into the different undergraduate programmes at the university of British Columbia for international students usually close by December 1. You will be required to submit your application using the university online application portal. Your application will be supported by a list of required documents including your high school diploma or certificate, grade sheet or any other documents you may deem important.
Remember, to be able to receive this scholarship, you must demonstrate exceptional academic performance in your previous studies (High school) .
Please note that all prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission.
For more information, visit the official website here