Deadline: May 31, 2022
Apply for the University of Bonn SDG Fellowships Program in Germany. The program welcomes post-doctoral scientists in all areas of specialization that conduct research primarily on a topic addressed in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). SDG’s are a set of targets that have been proposed by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
The program will select several scientists who will caryy out research and teaching at the University of Bonn in Germany for one or two semesters. This program funding can be offered for a period of at least 3 and not more than 12 months. With its deverse and large number of collaborations with universities and research institutes different regions including Africa, Asia and South America, University of Bonn is proud to contribute to the achivement of SDGs.
University Profile: The University of Bonn is one of the largest traditional research universities in Germany with up to 35,000 students, 6,000 doctoral candidates, 550 professors and 6,000 employees. It sis of the best universities offering a rich and student friendly environment.
If you are selected for the program, you will benefit from the following.
- You will receive a travel allowance for flights from your country to Germany.
- Selected applicants will receive a monthly scholarship stipend work € 3000 plus additional funding for family in case you travel with any.
- As a Selected candidate, you will receive a research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scientists and researchers from a country outside Germany
- You are a research or are teaching at a university or research institute in Africa, Asia and South America.
- Candidates must demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
- You must present quality of the research project to be worked on during the stay in Bonn.
Applicants must submit theor applications online using the provided online portal. Your application will involve the following.
- A correctly and fully completed online application form
- Draft a project description of maximum 8 pages with the following
- Give an outline of the research project to be worked on during the fellow’s stay in Bonn
- Elaborate reasons for the fellow’s invitation and a description of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn,
- An outline of the activities through which the you will enrich university life at the University of Bonn during your stay there
- An overview of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow so far
- An outline of the integration of the fellow into the host institute including place of work, participation in teaching and research activities
- Your most recent CV (PDF)
- You must also include a financing plan using the draft provided on the programme website
For more information, visit the official website here