Deadline : October 15, 2021
The Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship is sponsored and supported by Zonta International. The main aim of this programme is to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities and leadership roles in information technology. Zonta understands that the world economy today continues to leverage and build upon the digital revolution, and that industry has become critically dependent on information technology. The fact that in such an environment, Women are still largely underrepresented in decisions as they relate to information technology, is the reason for the Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship.
This programme aims to create a world in which men and women have equal opportunities. The programme aims to give women the opportunity to acquire active roles in the field of information technology and access to leadership roles such as chief information officers (CIOs) and chief technology officers (CTOs). Women of any age and nationality are welcome to apply for the programme. You must be currently pursuing an information technology (IT) degree at an accredited university/college/institute and demonstrate an outstanding academic record so far.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Zonta International is offering up to 20 scholarship awards to selected applicants
- The scholarship grants are worth US$8,000 each offered for one academic year.
- The Zonta Women in Technology Scholarship program is funded through contributions to the Rose Fund from Zontians, Zonta clubs and friends of Zonta.
Candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship must meet the following conditions
- The scholarship is open to Women of any age (There is no age limit)
- Applicants of any nationality are welcome to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be currently pursuing an information technology (IT) degree at an accredited university or institute.
- You must demonstrate an outstanding academic record in your current studies.
- Applicants must demonstrate an initiative, ambition and commitment to pursuing a career in information technology.
- Students who are attending their courses Online are also eligible to apply if enrolled at an accredited university/college/institute.
- To be considered, you must be currently enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program
- For post graduate students, you must be attending your final year of a post graduate program.
- Applicants must be in school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed and must not graduate before April 2022.
Applications for the Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship must be submitted directly to Zonta International. Applicants must submit their applications using the online portal provided.
Up on recipient, the Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship Committee will review all applications and recommends up to 20 recipients to the Zonta International Board.
Applicants for the 2021 Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship must be submitted by the deadline of October 15, 2021
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here