Deadline: March 31, 2021
Apply for the YSEALI Smart Cities Regional Workshop in Bangkok, Thailand. The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is the U.S. Department of State’s signature program Launched in 2013 with the main aim of strengthen leadership development and networking in Southeast Asia. The program through its initiatives, works towards building leadership capabilities of youth in the region, strengthen ties between the United States and Southeast Asia, and nurture a community of leaders from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Timor-Leste who work across borders to solve common issues.
YSEALI is proud to introduce the YSEALI Smart Cities Regional Workshop. This is organized to be a Hybrid Program, combining online session and in-person activities. Th program will bring together up to 50 participants from member countries who are between the ages of 20-35. Participants in the program are registered YSEALI network members from all ASEAN member nations as well as Timor-Leste..
The YSEALI Smart Cities Regional Workshop will be hosted in Bangkok, Thailand, one of the foremost potential smart cities in the region. This workshop will work towards expanding the participants’ understanding of opportunities and risks of smart cities. Participants will also get the opportunity to learn from best practices that have been implemented around the world.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive a Round trip economy class air ticket or local transportation from hometown to Bangkok, Thailand
- Participants will be provided with accommodation. You will be housed in a twin room shared with other YSEALI participants.
- You will receive daily meals including breakfast, lunch, and dinner during for the whole duration of the workshop
- There will be provision for a round trip of transportation from Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang International Airport to the workshop venue
- The program will provide you with a Sim card and cover your insurance during the workshop
In order to be considered for the Workshop, you must meet the following application conditions
- You must be a citizen and national of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam
- Applicants must be between the ages of 20 – 35 years at the time of application
- You must be a YSEALI Member in order to apply. In case you are not a member yet, you can register to become a member from the programme website.
- You must be currently residing in your participating home country
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- You must be committed to participate in all 4 days of the workshop during October 28-31, 2021, in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Applicants must also be ready to participate for a minimum of 36 hours of online sessions from the YSEALI Smart Cities Regional Workshop’s agenda.
Applicants will submit the applications online using the prvided online portal. The application must be completed in English and applicants are requested pay special attention to specific answer formats.
The application process entails the following
- You must complete the general information area which requires you to compete your Basic Information, Contact Information, Education and Professional Background and YSEALI Experience if any
- Applicants will then be required to answer Digital technologies projects essay questions in no more than 250 words/each
- You must then record and upload a one-minute self-introduction video to YouTube. You must provide the YouTube link in the application form
For more information, visit the official website here