Deadline: February 1, 2023
Apply for the Wageningen University Africa Scholarship (ASP) in Netherlands. The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) is sponsored and initiated by Wageningen University & Research and aims to award excellent, motivated and preforming talented students from the African continent the opportunity to undertake a Master’s degree program in Wageningen in the Netherlands.
The Africa Scholarship Programme is a scholarship based on invitation, therefore applicants cannot apply directly for the scholarship, rather, admitted applicants to one of the programs offered will be invited to apply for the scholarship once they are reviewed and determined that they qualify for the scholarship
With its reputation of being the first Dutch university, Wageningen University & Research is an international accredited Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders. The university boost as a host for the large population of international students from over 100 different countries. Wageningen University & Research is one of the major university in Europe and one of the best universities worldwide in the field of Life Sciences
thanks to its partnerships with numerous Dutch and international companies as well as governments.
The Wageningen University Africa Scholarship (ASP) programme aims to build and support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master’s programme in one of the graduate courses offered at the university. Applicants to the program are expected to be high performing students and must demonstrate this. The program has made available up to 10 scholarships for the academic year starting 1 September 2023.
Selected applicants for the Wageningen University Africa Scholarship program will receive several benefits including:
- You will receive coverage for Tuition fees for your selected Master’s program
- Selected applicants will receive a monthly Living allowance for a period of 2 years
- Costs for Visa and health insurance will be covered by the programme
- Participants will receive coverage for Travel costs to and from Wageningen
- You will receive a budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
- Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Applicants to the scholarship programme must be citizens of an African country
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s (undergraduate/ First Class honors BSc) degree in a relevant field and be applying for a master’s degree program at Wageningen.
- Candidates must be excellent students, who can prove that they are among the best 5% of their study cohort
- You must have achieved an 80 percent GPA or higher if your application is to be considered.
- Applicants will need to submit reference letters and proof of achievement awards as these may help to prove that they belong to the top 5% of their year.
- Other support documents such as CVs and statement of purpose will be submitted and assessed/evaluated
- Applicants must submit their applications for admission for an MSc programme before the deadline of February 1, 2023
- Selected applicants who secure admission will then be invited to apply for the scholarship
- Applicants who cannot prove that they belong to the top 5% of their graduating class will not be considered for the Africa Scholarship Programme
For more information, visit the official website here