Deadline : April 15, 2022
Applications for the OIST Research Internship programme in Japan are now open. This internship programme is dedicated to students pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s program or recently graduates of an undergraduate degree programme. Selected candidates will join the OIST PhD program and undertake educational activity at OIST as a Research Intern.
During your research internship at OIST, you will acquire important experience working in a research environment under the direction of OIST faculty. Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is located in Okinawa, Japan. The university is one of its own model, with no departments thereby eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields. The university specialized in Research in Chemistry, Environmental and Ecological Sciences, Marine Sciences, Mathematical and Computational Sciences, Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, Neuroscience, Physics, and Engineering and Applied Science.
This Research Internship programme aims to attract the best and therefore runs a rigorous competitive selection process. Applicants from all around the world are welcome to apply for this fully funded interns programme.
If selected for the OIST research Internship programme, you will receive the following support
You will receive an Internship Allowance worth JPY 2,400 per working day
Interns will receive a Commuting Allowance in form of a OIST Shuttle Bus Pass for mobility to and from the University Campus
You will receive a one direct round-trip air ticket from home country to Japan and back
The program offers accommodation to selected interns in a furnished apartment on or off campus
You will also receive assist to process your visa, insurance procedures, and local registration.
Candidates for the OIST Research Internship program must meet the following conditions
- This programme is open to applicants from any country around the world
- The OIST Research Internship Program is open to students who have demonstrated exceptional academic excellence
- To apply, you must be an undergraduate student in your final 2 years of the undergraduate or Masters program at a university, college or vocational school both in Japan and overseas
- Recent graduates who just completed an Undergraduate degree from a University or institution in Japan and Overseas are also welcome to apply.
- If you are still pursing your studies, you must secure approval from your home Institution/ university
You will need to open an account in order to apply to the program. Be sure to remember your username and password. You may complete the application all at once or in multiple sessions. Please fill out and submit the following materials to apply for the program:
- Submit your most recent Curriculum Vitae Sheet
- Draft and submit a Statement of Interest worth around 400-word statement in which you indicate your desired research unit and explain your current expertise and skill set for the selected unit
- Submit copies of your Degree certificates, Diplomas and Transcripts of records
- Request a Recommendation Letter from an academic or research professional familiar with your work
- Upload a recent photo, showing your face from the front in standard passport orientation.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here