Deadline: January 14, 2022
Apply for the 2021 IREX Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program in the U.S. The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is a dynamic global network that brings together innovators form all around the world for a common goal. The program has set up a platform for innovators working with communities to address critical 21st Century issues. Through their programs, CEE equips dedicated visionaries with the expertise, skills, and resources to develop multisector approaches and build healthy and engaged communities in over 100 countries.
CEE is a year-long transformational leadership development experience program that is designed to enable civil society leaders from different regions of, ages 20-28, to harness the power of networks, relationships, and information for the public good. Participants will emphasize on issues related to civic dialogue and peacebuilding, open and participatory government, women and gender, resilience and sustainable development, and youth engagement.
Applicants for the program must express their interest for the CEE Program. Selection for the program is merit-based and open to emerging civil society and community leaders who meet the criteria below. Remember to submit your application as early as possible to avoid any inconveniences.
For selected applicants, the program will cover the cost associalted with the participation in the program
- The program will give participants J-1 visa support
- You will receive a round-trip travel from your home country to the U.S.
- Participants will receive a monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S.
- You will also receive coverage for accident and sickness insurance
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
You must ba a citizen and resident of following eligible countries
- Africa: Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
- Europe and Eurasia: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay
- Applicants must be living and working in your home country
- Special propriety will be given to individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community
- You must be between the ages of 20 and 28 at the time of application
- Candidates must be working on a community engagement initiative in their home country, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, with a vision to pursue a career working to support civil society
- You have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application
- Once shortlisted foe the program, you will be required to take or submit recent scores for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test
- Applicants must agree to return to their home countries to complete a Community Engagement Project (CEP)
- Citizen or permanent residents of the U.S. may not apply for the program
- You are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
Applicants must review the program requirements and make sure that they meet the required application criteria. You must then starting an application and submit it before the set deadline. Applicants must submit their application by completing the online application for and through the process, submit the required supporting documents
For more information, visit the official website here