Deadline: March 31, 2022
Applications are now open for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2022 for Female Postgraduate Students for a chosen taught Master’s Degree programme. The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship at University of Durham in the United Kingdom enables female students from various eligible developing countries to access higher/tertiary education. This program is offered for postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
If selected for the scholarship, you will live in College and become an active member of the College MCR, as you attend your one year postgraduate programme. The scholarship includes payment for all university and college fees together and a substantial stipend to help you cover your living costs and other expenses.
To be eligible for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship, you need to have academic and personal qualities to position your self comfortably for a postgraduate course. Selected applicants will also act as a positive ambassadors for their countries of residence/ origin in Durham. They will put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from their graduate programme, expertise and experience in Durham to benefit of their communities at the end of their study period.
Selected Applicants will receive the following benefits:
- You will receive full payment of tuition fees at the university
- Costs related to UK visa and the UK Health surcharge are covered by the scholarship
- The scholarship provides an allowance/ stipend to help you cater for your living expenses
- You will be housed in a personal, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at the university
- Selected applicants will get one return economy air ticket from their country of residence to the United kingdom, as well as the cost of return travel between the United kingdom airport and Durham City
- Applicants will receive a Settling in allowance on arrival to the university
In order to apply for the scholarship, you must meet the following conditions
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, Rep.Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guines, Rwanda, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe
- As an applicant, you have apply first and receive an unconditional offer for a postgraduate program
- You do not benefit from any other scholarship at the time of application.
- Should have achieved a relevant degree (honours) to enable you get admitted to your relevant postgraduate program
- You have fulfilled other course entry requirements such as the relevant English language qualification
Stage 1: You must submit your academic application for admission into your chosen master’s programme referencing your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
Step 2: Upon recipient of your academic offer letter from the University, you will have to forward it selection committee via [email protected] with your full name and Lioness Scholarship 2021 in the subject line.
Stage 3: You must complete application for the Scholarship using the provided Application form. Please make sure to complete all sections. Support documents must then be forwarded to the same email address.
Please remember that the deadline for application is March 31, 2022. Only applicants who have applied and received a study offer for their degree programme of choice will be considered
For more information, visit the official website here