Deadline: February 28, 2023
Apply for the Georg Forster Research Fellowship in Germany for Internationals Researchers. The Georg Forster Research Fellowship is dedicated to researchers, especially those from developing and transition countries. Are you a postdoctoral scholar or experienced researcher? Do you have interest in continuing their research activities in Germany? Then this program is for you.
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship is sponsored by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. Applications are accepted from researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. You will have the opportunity, through this programme, to conduct your own research at various stages of your career at an Institution of your choice in Germany.
Research stays are usually for a duration of 6 to 24 months for Postdoc researchers and 6 to 8 months for experienced researchers. Your research will be conducted, collaborating with a host at a German research institution of your choice.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Postdocs researcher will receive a monthly fellowship grant worth €2,670 for a stay of 6 to 24 months.
- Experienced researchers will receive a monthly fellowship grant worth €3,170 for a stay of 6 to 18 months
- Before you begin your research, you marital partner will be able to attend an intensive German language course.
- The programme also avails extra financial support which may include family benefits for children and marital partners.
- You may also be eligible for subsidies for private full health insurance and allowances for travel expenses
General eligibility conditions if you are to be considered for the programme
- Applicants must be citizens of a developing or transition country as specified in the list here
- You apply, you must have lived and worked in your country or another developing or transition country for at least 12 months within the last 18 months
- Candidates who are not currently residing in an eligible country, but hold a permanent job in an eligible country may apply for the programme
- Researchers will have to contact the academic institution of their choice in Germany and secure a mentoring agreement and written confirmation regarding the research mobility
- Your research must aim to address problems relevant to development of your home country and region.
- If you are doing your reach in a Natural sciences and engineering field, you must have a sufficient knowledge of German or English.
- For those doing their research in Humanities, social sciences and medicine, a good knowledge of German, in case this is necessary for conducting their, is needed, otherwise sufficient English proficiency will be enough.
Specific eligibility conditions to apply for the programme
- You must provide a candidate’s review, to be issued by a doctoral supervisor and one other researcher outside of your institute.
- Candidates must have completed a doctoral or equivalent academic qualification during the previous four years
- If you haven’t yet completed your doctoral studies, but are within six months of submitting your doctoral thesis, you may also apply
- You must provide a candidate’s review written by important collaborative partners and/or researchers at your own institute as well as other institutes
- Candidates must have completed a doctoral or equivalent academic qualification during the previous twelve (12) years
- Eligible applicants must posses an extensive list of publications in academic journals and by publishing houses that are reviewed according to international standards
Interested applicants for the Georg Forster Research Fellowship in Germany must submit their application portfolio using the online application portal provided below. You application portfolio must include the following documents.
- Your most recent curriculum vitae
- The Applicant’s research proposal outline (five pages max)
- A full list of your publications to date
- Your doctoral certificate or proof that your doctorate has been completed successfully
- If you have not yet completed your studies, a confirmation that this will be the case within the next six months
- German language proficiency certificate, if applicable
For more information, visit the official website here