Deadline: September 15, 2022
Apply for the 2022/23 Gates Scholarship (TGS) program. The Gates Scholarship (TGS) program an exceptional scholarship aiming at outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households who wish to pursue their academic dreams. This is a prestigious scholarship which aims to enable high-potential students from low-income minority groups excel in their studies.
The scholarship aims to eliminate financial barriers and help these students study and graduate college, and continue to be leaders throughout their lives. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation continues its long-standing commitment to helping outstanding minority students who come from low-income backgrounds realize their maximum potential and have empowered unto 300 students per year since 2018
This year, the scholarship is awarding to 300 student leaders, helping realize their maximum potential and pushing them to reach for greater heights to not only uplift the families they come from but also extent their influence to their communities and regions.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Scholars will receive coverage for the full cost of attendance, for the study programme they will be enrolled.
- Costs to be covered may include Tuition fees, accommodation, books, transportation and other personal costs
- The programme will cover any costs that are not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution.
- Determination on which costs will be covered will be made by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Applicants for the programme must meet the following conditions
- Candidates must US citizens or US national, or permanent resident in the US
- Applicants must be student planning to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- You must be a high school senior at the time of application
- Applicants must be from at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American.
- American Indian/Alaska Native ( proof of tribal enrollment will be required).
- Asian & Pacific Islander American.
- Hispanic American.
- candidates must be Pell-eligible
- You must posses good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent
The application for the 2021-2022 Gates Scholarship programme will open on July 15, 2022 and close on September 15, 2022. You will have to fully complete the online application provided in order to be considered for the program. Pleas keep in mind that applicants with certain qualities will be given specials consideration. These include:
- Those with outstanding academic record in high school who happen to be in the top 10% of their graduating class
- Applicants who Demonstrated leadership ability
- Exceptional personal success skills such as emotional maturity, motivation and perseverance
For more information, visit the official website here