Deadline: September 15 , 2020
Apply for the 2020/21 Gates Scholarship (TGS) program. The Gates Scholarship (TGS) program an exceptional scholarship aiming at outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households who wish to pursue their academic dreams.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation continues its long-standing commitment to helping outstanding minority students who come from low-income backgrounds realize their maximum potential and have empowered unto 300 students per year since 2018
This year, the scholarship is awarding to 300 student leaders, helping realize their maximum potential and pushing them to reach for greater heights to not only uplift the families they come from but also extent their influence to their communities and regions.
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution. This will be determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
- You will get coverage the cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Candidates must US citizens or US national, or permanent resident in the US
- Applicants must be student planing to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- You must be a high school senior
- Applicants must be from at least one of the following ethnicities:
- American Indian/Alaska Native ( proof of tribal enrollment will be required)
- Asian & Pacific Islander American,
- Hispanic American
- You must be Pell-eligible
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
You will have to fully complete the online application provided in order to be considered for the program. Pleas keep in mind that applicants with certain qualities will be given sepcial consideration. the se include
- Those with outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
For more information, visit the official website here