Deadline : June 30, 2021
Apply for the Fresh A.I.R. scholarships offer artists and cultural professionals in Berlin, Germany. The Fresh A.I.R. scholarships program is dedicated to artists and cultural professionals in the field of Urban and New Contemporary Art. This program offers selected participants the opportunity, required recourses, time, and space to dedicate themselves, their skills and knowledge an artistic project within the framework of a given thematic complex
The Fresh A.I.R. scholarships program is funded by the Stiftung Berliner Leben and is hosted in Berlin Germany for a period of six (6) month. During this period, artists will have the opportunity to express their skills and develop their talents. The program aims to select up to 13 artists who will be invited to live and work at the program residencies in Berlin for 6 months.
Among the many activities that artists will Engauge in during their stay, scholarship holders will have the opportunity to gain new impetus, to develop their art and to gain important experience for their future careers. The program will run from April 2022 until September 2022.
For a duration of 6 months selected Fresh A.I.R. scholarships holders will recieve the following benefitswill be awarded f. The value of the scholarship amounts to a total of 1,900 euros per person, per month. This amount is broken down, as follows:
- You will receive Rent-free living including electricity and Wi-Fi amounting to around 1,000 euros per month for the duration of the stay.
- Artists will receive a living subsidy of 500 euros per month for the duration of the stay months
- The program offers a subsidy allowance for materials of 300 euros per month for the duration of the stay.
- You will also receive a travel subsidy worth 100 euros per month for for your travels within and around Berlin.
Applicants for the Fresh A.I.R. scholarships must fall under of the following categories
- Applicants who are artists from EU member states residing outside of Berlin,
- Artists from Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway are also welcome to apply
- Applicants who are artists from the field of Urban and New Contemporary Art as well as those seeking cross-genre exchange with art forms of Urban Contemporary Art.
To be selected for the scholarship program, you must meet the following conditions
- Your proposed project must be clearly recognizable as a current and unpublished project and meet the quality standards of the program
- Scholarship holders must be ready to attend events of funding partners and the UN Museum including readings, panel discussions, talks among others.
Applications for the program are submitted online by the application deadline of June 30, 2021. The scholarship sets no age limit and all applicants are welcome to apply regardless of whether they posses a university degree or not.
Applicants will be required to complete their CV under the CV section in the application form. You should share relevant information regarding stages of your professional or artistic career.
Other information required for application will include any relevant training or university degree, the applicant’s practical experience, solo or group exhibitions, participation in other artist-in-residence programs, teaching activities, other details that are relevant to the project proposal.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here