Deadline: July 4, 2021
You are invited to apply for the 2021 the European Charlemagne Prize Fellowship Program at European Charlemagne Prize Academy. The European Charlemagne Prize Fellowship is an endowed 1-year programme by the European Charlemagne Prize Academy. The program involving different activities including individual research, the fulfillment of personal milestones, networking events, as well as a final publication and the presentation of the prospective research results at a conference summit that concludes the fellowship.
The European Charlemagne Prize Academy offers several grants to selected fellows to take part in the fellowship program. The grants are awarded on the basis of the relevance of the research question and the professionalism of the research proposal. A high-level selection committee, representing various perspectives and backgrounds will decide on five outstanding applicants, and if selected among the lucky participants, you will receive financial, administrative and academic support during the following months.
- You are eligible for 25,000 € provided by the academy per research project
- Applicants will also benefit from academic mentoring and networking opportunities. A unique aspect of the Fellowship is the connection with former Charlemagne Prize Laureates, who will take on a patronage for the prospective research projects.
The Academy we therefore want to support creative minds and independent workers, who are at the beginning of their academic or professional career and would like to take the next step on their path.These would involve:
- University graduates, Young Professionals or employees of a scientific, political, economic or cultural institution/organisation
- Reliable personalities with previous research experience
- Individuals or groups that want to research on a specified topic within a time frame of 12 months
- Critical thinkers and creative minds with objectives aimed at long-lasting effects and social change, also after our funding phase
Therefore make sure that you fulfill the following criteria
- You must be a citizen of an EU member state or permanent residence in Europe
- Be current and prospective relevance of the proposed research question
- You must hold a Postgraduate Degree (preferably Master or equivalent)
- Be younger than 35 years of age at the time of application
- Applicants must have exceptional English language skills (atleast a C1)
- submission of an innovative Research Proposal, compatible with the Academy’s annual focus area
- Individuals or research groups aiming to work on a topic related to the Future of Europe may apply
- proposal of a concrete host institution for the duration of the Fellowship
As part of your Application, you will have to submit the following documents
- Cover Letter
- Research Proporsal
- Certificates and refferences
For more information, visit the official page here