Deadline: July 2, 2021
DAAD invites applications for the Leadership for Africa scholarship for eligible applicants residing in selected African countries. The scholarship is made possible with funding from the German Foreign Office. For this academic year, there are up to 55 master’s degree scholarships for eligible applicants at different German universities. Applicants can take on any course of their own choice apart form the subjects of human, veterinary and dental medicine, as well as law, art, music and architecture.
Selected candidates will recieve a Scholarship to complete an M.A. or M.Sc. degree in Germany and an accompanying side study programme (mandatory) in good governance, civil society and sustainable project management. This has to be completed in addition to the regular studies.
The duration of funding is determined by the standard period of study of the chosen program. In general, Master’s programs require two years of full-time study.
As an applicant, you will have to apply for admission at the host university by the due date before applying for the scholarship. If notification of admission or the application process itself is not yet available at the time of application, it must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study begins.
Sleected applicants will reicive a scholarship with the following benefits
- Costs for a Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) in Germany before the start of the study programme including the coverage of the test fees for a German language certificate.
- Accompanying study programme
- You will receive a monthly scholarship payment amounting to 861 EURO
- Scholarship recipients will receive adequate health, accident and private/personal liability insurance in Germany.
- You will also be eligible for a travel allowance.
- Recipients receiver One-off study allowance to help then settle in
Applicants for this scholarship are categoriesed into 2 categories
- Applicants who are highly qualified and are refugees who hold refugee status 1 and fulfill the necessary qualifications for Master’s studies in Germany.
- Must Hold a refugee status in their host countries
- The Applicant’s Country of asylum must be either Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan or Tanzania
- You must have Completed Bachelor’s degree by the time of arrival in Germany
- Applicants who are highly qualified academics and are citizens of Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan or Tanzania.
- Applicants must be citizens of Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan or Tanzania
- The applicant’s country of residence must be Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda or Sudan at the time of application
- You must have completed Bachelor’s degree by the time of arrival in Germany
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree which qualifies to study for a master at an officially recognized university in Germany.
- You must have good English or good German language skills evident with language certificates
- Must not have spent more than 6 years since the completion of the last academic degree.
Along with the DAAD application, applicants will also have to submit the following documents
- Your latest Curriculum vitae
- A Motivation Letter containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic / professional and personal reasons for the choice of degree programme and for wishing to participate in the programme.
- DAAD Form “Information about your preferred master programmes” duly completed and proof of contact to the universities of the desired master programmes.
- Proof of necessary language skills.
- Your University academic qualification certificates indicating final grades
For more information, visit the official website here