Deadline: January 5 , 2024
Applications for the Clarendon Scholarship Program at the University of Oxford are now open. The scholarship program is dedicated to all prospective students who wish to apply for a master’s program at the university of Oxford. Funded by the Clarendon Fund, the program aims to to assist academically outstanding graduate students through their studies at the University of Oxford. This scholarship is offered for the entire duration of your selected study programme at the university of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
The Clarendon scholarships are competitive, prestigious and highly sought-after covering course fees, and provides a generous grant for living expenses to successful applicants for each academic year. This funding helps reduce the financial barriers that may stand in the way of the best students, from across the world, coming to study at Oxford. You are eligible and welcome to apply for this scholarship regardless of your nationality, background or country of origin.
The Clarendon scholarship program at the University of Oxford runs annually offering up to 130 scholarships for different Master’s or DPhil courses. In order to be part of this program, you will be required to submit your application by the relevant January deadline for the course of your choice automatically be considered. Much as the majority of Clarendon scholars are working towards a DPhil, these Scholarships are also awarded for two-year graduate degrees(MPhil or BPhil) and or one-year degrees (MSc, MSt, MBA or MFE).
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- The Clarendon scholarships will cover your full course fees for your selected program at the university of Oxford.
- This applies to Home, EU and Overseas fee status students.
- You will receive an annual grant to cover your living expenses of at least £18,622, which is normally sufficient to cover the living costs of a single student living in Oxford.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Students from all countries are welcome to apply therefore no restrictions by nationality or country of ordinary residence. These can be to Home, EU and Overseas fee status students .
- You can apply for any full-time DPhil and Master’s courses since all are eligible, as long as you have applied by the relevant January deadline for your course.
- There is no restriction on subject or field of study, therefore all courses offered at the University of Oxford are eligible under this scholarship programme.
- If you are a students who is currently studying for a Master’s degree at Oxford but who will be re-applying for a DPhil or applying for a second Master’s course, you may also apply for the scholarship
You will have to fully complete the online application provided in order to be considered for the program. Pleas keep in mind you will not need a separate application form for the scholarship. You will use the your application for admission into your program of choice to apply for the scholarship. The process will follow the steps below
- You must apply for the program of your choice by the relevant January deadline in order to be considered for a Clarendon scholarship.
- Following the application for admission, your academic qualifications and documents will be assessed.
- Your course department will then make the final decision on your graduate place and will notify you with an outcome.
- Further more, your academics in parallel with the process for assessing your credentials for admission, will be assessed within your department to determine who to nominate to the division for a Clarendon scholarship based on the selection
- This process varies between the University’s academic divisions and the Department for Continuing Education, but each meet in February or March to review the departmental scholarship nominations.
- If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, the Clarendon Fund Administrator will contact you and will provide the scholarship offer letter.
- Upon recipient of your offer letter for a Clarendon scholarship, you will then start preparing for your studies for the program you are admitted to
- During April and May, Clarendon Partnership Awards are matched to scholars depending on the award requirements. No further information is required of Clarendon offer holders.
- Once each scholar’s unique funding package is confirmed, they will receive the funding breakdown letter outlining the funding arrangements. Final college placements will also be confirmed alongside partnership awards.
- All successful Clarendon candidates will be contacted via email. The majority of offers are sent out by early April of each year.
For more information, visit the official website here