Deadline : September 1, 2021
CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research is calling for applications for CERN Junior Fellowship in Geneva, Switzerland. Applicants for the programme are recent graduates or those about to graduate in a technical filed and are national of CERN Member or Associate Member States
The CERN Junior Fellowship is held at the CERN site Campus in Geneva, Switzerland. This Programme dedicated to graduates from universities or higher technical institutes. Applicants must be graduates from various technical fields including applied sciences, computing and engineering. Candidates usually limited or no work experience, who are looking to work in a research group.
About the Organization
CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research. The organization created the environment for physicists and engineers to probe the fundamental structure of the universe. One of the biggest attractions at the organization is the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments used study the basic constituents of matter.
If selected as one of the CERN fellows, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- Fellows will sign an employment contract for a duration of between 6 months up to a maximum of 36 months.
- You will receive a monthly stipend ranging from 5,305 to 6,586 Swiss Francs per month
- Fellows will benefits from CERN’s comprehensive health scheme coverage for the whole duration of the fellowship
- You may also be eligible for an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- Fellows will also receive a 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
Applicants interested in applying for this programme must meet the following eligibility criteria
- You must be a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- Candidates must have graduated with an appropriate university degree at both Bachelors and Master’s levels
- Applicants who are about t gradate within the next six (6) months are also welcome to apply
- You may have no or limited work experience of no more than 4 years since the completion of your degree
- CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
Applications for the fellowship are submitted online via the CERN online career portal. You must fully complete your application and submit it before the deadline of September 1, 2021.
You will need the following documents in PDF format in order to to complete your application. Documents must be labeled according to the type, just as shown in the parenthesis.
- Your most recent CV. [Resume]
- You must include all most recent relevant qualification and awards. [Degree]
- Request and submit letters of recommendation that have been issued recently and no older than a year. [Ref 1, 2, 3]
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here