Deadline: March 21, 2021
Apply 2021 Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa. The Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) aims to bring together business leaders who wish to succeed in leading and driving change for economically, environmentally and socially sustainable businesses. SIMP aims to provide methods, concepts and practical applications from leading experts in the key aspects of sustainability. As part of the programme, you will have the opportunity to meet several companies from Sweden and the Eastern Africa region to discuss their sustainability work and explore their challenges.
Throughout the programme, participants will work on a sustainability challenge in their own organization. They will then apply their learnings to continually develop skills for making a positive business impact.
This year’s program will be organized online and at several conference venues. The programme will run between June 2021 – February 2022 giving participants the opportunity to attend coaching, interactive workshops, group tasks and lectures, as well as virtual visits to companies and organizations in Sweden.
- You will have the opportunity for attend exclusive suite of workshops, lectures and visits with highly-acclaimed speakers selected specifically for their competence, clarity, and high level of audience engagement.
- Get to knowledge and thorough understanding of the principles of sustainable business with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- Participants will, at the end of the programme, have gained a strong set of skills to drive change in their own organization through responsible leadership.
- Knowledge to let you work with Design Thinking as a method to develop creative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- You are welcome to submit your application if you fulfil the following:
- Applicants must be citizens and residents the following countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
- The programme id open to candidates between 25 and 45 years old
- You should aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy.
- Applicants must hold leading positions within trade, industry or the public sector.
- As a candidate, you must have a mandate to influence the strategy for your organization.
- You must demonstrate a desire to share and build on the competences and knowledge you gain from the programme within your organization.
- Demonstrate the willingness to support your fellow participants and share your experience and knowledge with them.
Interested applicants must submit their applications online using the provided online portal. Correctly fill in your application form, a process that might take about 60 min or more. During the application, you will be required to submit the following application documents
- A Passport size photo of yourself
- Include a Recommendation letter
- Your most recent CV
- Although the CV and photo are mandatory, the recommendation letter is optional. however, it will be an added advantage in the evaluation process.
For more information, visit the official website here