Deadline: June 10, 2022
Apply for the STIBET scholarships for international students and doctoral candidates at the University of Oldenburg. The International Office through the STIBET funds of the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD awards scholarships to international students and doctoral candidates. This Scholarship aims to support students who whish to complete their studies/ doctorate within the next two years.
Since its opening in 1973 and making it one of Germany‘s young universities, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg has always aimed to find answers to the major challenges society faces in the 21st century through interdisciplinary, cutting-edge research. The scholarship is solely dedicated to to students who have enrolled and are expected to complete their studies in the next two years.
With a population of 16,000, the University of Oldenburg is preparing students for different professional life. It offers a broad range of disciplines, from language studies, cultural studies and the humanities to educational sciences, art and musicology, the economic and social sciences, mathematics, computer science, the natural sciences and the new medicine.
If you are selected for the scholarship, you will benefit from:
- Applications can be submitted for both the summer and winter semester
- Scholarships worth EUR 450 per month for 3 to 4 months will be awarded for each semester
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you will need to fulfill the following requirements.
- Applicants must be enrolled international students who are expected to graduate within the next two (2) years.
- You should hold a Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate
- Your monthly income during the scholarship period may not exceed EUR 450
- Applicants must demonstrate good academic performance form their previous study years
- If you engage in pro-bono/ voluntary work inside or outside the university, you will have an added advantage.
Candidates must follow the procedure below if they wish to apply for the above scholarship. They must first download and complete the Online application form and submit it together with the required documents
Here is a list of all the required documents
- The fully completed application form
- A Motivation letter explaining the reasons for applying.
- Submit your latest curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Include your Transcript of records with grade average (students)
- Submit a proof of enrolment in form of an Enrolment certificate
- You should include a copy of the residence permit
- Students should include a copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office if available.
- Doctoral candidates should include a letter of acceptance of doctorate committee
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor which must be sent directly by the recommender to: [email protected]
For more information, visit the official website here