Deadline : June 3, 2021
Apply for the Solidarität Scholarship to attend the 2021 One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political and business leaders. This year’s Summit will take place in Munich, Germany from 22 – 25 July 2021
During the summit, Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures. The summit this year will welcome up to 1,800 young leaders from 190+ countries who will gather in person and digitally across the city’s well-known venues, including Olympiapark and BMW Welt.
The Solidarität Scholarship is dedicated and invites young leaders living across Europe to apply to join the Summit in Munich to ensure that every country is represented. Applicants for the scholarships are Citizens of selected European Countries between the ages of 18 and 30 years. Young leaders with a track record of delivering social impact related to at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- If selected, you will be able to attend the In-person delegate congregation in Munch, Germany from 22 – 25 July, 2021
- You will receive a return travel ticket to and from your home country
- Selected applicants will receive Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Summit.
- You will receive meals and catering throughout the Summit.
- At the end of the summit, you will receive Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following application conditions
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of eligible countries (See full list here)
- Candidates must be aged between 18 and 30 years
- Applicants must be residents of one of the eligible countries.
- Priority will be given to applicants able to represent countries that are least like to otherwise be represented by delegates attending the Summit in-person.
- One Young World Ambassadors ARE eligible for this scholarship and their applications will be treated on an equal
Applications for the scholarship must be submitted online using the available online application portal. Applicants who are selected for this scholarship but may find them selves unable to participate due to travel restrictions will be provided with digital access to the Summit.
Although delegates for the summit are preferred to be between the age of 18 and 30, the One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here