Deadline: May 31, 2024
Applications are now open for the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarships for international students to study at East China Normal University (ECNU) in China. The Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship, established in 2006, is dedicated to international students and aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai. This scholarship also aims to welcome passionate and high performing outstanding international students from all over the world to study at ECNU
The Shanghai Government Scholarship is solely dedicated to excellent international students applying for a degree program at East China Normal University. You must be seeking admission for an undergraduate, graduate or PhD program as an Incoming student. If you are applying for an undergraduate program but do not posses a qualified HSK level, you can still apply for a one-year pre-college program scholarship to study Chinese.
Scholarships are awarded for the entire duration of study at ECNU. The University has allocated dedicated office to handle inquiries and applications for each level of study, that is, for Bachelor’s , Master’s and PhD. Therefore, in case of any inquiries, you are advised to contact the responsible office as soon as possible.
The Shanghai Government offers 2 types of scholarships
The Full scholarship program covers the following
- You will receive coverage for tuition fees for your selected degree programme
- Applicants will receive accommodation on the university campus
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth CNY3500 for Doctoral program, CNY3000 for Graduate program and CNY2500 for the Undergraduate program to cove your living expenses
- Recipients will receive a comprehensive medical insurance for the whole duration of their degree programme
The Partial scholarship program covers the following
- You will revive coverage for tuition fee for your selected degree programme
- Applicants will receive a comprehensive medical insurance for the whole duration of their programme
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- You must be an international non-Chinese citizens and in good health at the time of application.
- Applicants for pre-college program must posses a high school diploma and be under the age of 23.
- If you are applying for a bachelor degree program, you must have achieved a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- Candidates for a master degree program must graduated with a bachelor degree and be under the age of 35.
- If you are interested in a doctoral degree program, you must posses a master degree and must be under the age of 40.
- You must not have been awarded a Chinese Government Scholarship or any other scholarship offered by another organization
Interested applicants must complete their applications before the deadline of May 31, 2024. The application process is divide in 3 steps
- You must Submit you application for admission into a degree program of your choice at ECNU. The application is to be completed online and the application form can be accessed from the programme website
- Applicants must then submit their SGS scholarship application using the program online application platform. The application form can be accessed form the programme website. Please remember to use he institutional code of ECNU is 10269.
- After submit your online application, you must then download and print out the application form, and together with set of hardcopy of application documents (original transcript and photocopies of other documents), mail the hard copies to the following address:
International Student Office, East China Normal University
ADD: Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Rd, Shanghai, China
For more information, visit the official website here