Deadline: Rolling Basis
Apply for the SBI Youth for India Fellowship Program 2021. The SBI (Service beyond banking) Youth for India Fellowship is dedicated to India’s brightest young minds, giving the the opportunity work and live for a set period of time, amongst rural communities. Through this program, they will put their time and skills to practice, to help solve pressing rural development challenges.
This is a highly impactful fellowship, attracting young leaders who experience a transformative leadership journey during the fellowship. The Fellowship allows selected fellows to choose their preffered project that focuses on key areas of rural development. Are you ready to join an ever growing number of youth leaders in delivering positive impact across India, hurry up and apply.
The fellowship runs for a period of 13 months in rural India. Applicants must be able to attend the 13 months of the program and adapt to life in challenging rural conditions.
Selected fellows will recieve the following benefits throughout the fellowship
- You will receive a monthly allowance worth 15000 INR for the duration of the programme to meet your living expenses.
- Fellows will also receive a monthly allowance worth 1000 INR to cover their transport expenses.
- You will be eligible for a readjustment allowance worth 50000 INR to be offered on successful completion of the Fellowship.
- The program will meet the cost of the return 3AC fare from your place of residence to the project site location, as well as expenses incurred on travelling for training programmes.
- Your health and personal accident insurance policy will be covered by the program.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions.
- You must be an Indian citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) in order to apply.
- Applicants must be have at least 21 years of age but not older than 32 years on the day of commencement of the program.
- You must posses at least a Bachelor’s degree if you are to be considered.
- OCI Candidates who don’t possess an OCI card currently must contact the Ministry of Home Affairs to secure one as soon as possible.
- You must demonstrate motivation, be a team player with a proactive approach and strong leadership skills.
Application for the program are submitted exclusively online using the program online application portal.
As an initial step, you will start your journey by filling out the Preliminary Application Form, which includes information regarding your biodata as well as Academic qualifications
The application will also require you to share your story, perspectives, and overall worldview by taking a detailed essay-based Online Assessment.
Shortlisted candidates are notified on a rolling basis during the application period. The program continuously engage with shortlisted applicants over an online forum to get to know them better as well as to clarify their doubts about the Fellowship.
For more information, visit the official website here