Deadline: April 10, 2023
Apply for the 2023 Salzburg Summer Academy Fellowships for Curators and Artists. ERSTE Foundation is offering up to fourteen (14) fellowships for young artists and emerging curators from several selected countries. Selected applicants will have the opportunity to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2023. The Fellowships is solely dedicated to Curators and Artists from participating countries. For a list of participating countries, see the list under the eligibility section.
Each summer, around 300 students from more than 50 countries enjoy the opportunity to participate in over 20 classes at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. These courses are offered by ell-known artists, curators and critics from all over the world. Several topics re covered during the programme usually focusing on topical questions of art production, as well as curatorial practice and writing about art.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at This year’s summer fellowship will take place between 17 July – 26 August 2023 at Salzburg Summer Academy in Austria.
Selected applicants for the programme will receive the following benefits
- Together with their partners, ERSTE Foundation offers these scholarships to applicants selected by the jury
- Scholarships will cove your room and board for the whole duration of the programme
- You will also receive coverage for travel expenses incurred during your travel from and back to your home country
- Participation fee for the course will also be covered by ERSTE Foundation
To apply, you must meet the following eligibility criteria
- This year’s fellowships call is directed to Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
- You must be an artist and curator at the beginning of your career
- Candidates must be citizens/ nationals from Czech Republic, Ukraine, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia
- Applicants applying for the first time will be prioritized for the scholarships. If you already received this scholarship in recent years you will not be given priority.
Applications for the scholarship must be submitted via Email to: email@example.com. Your application file must contain the following documents
- A fully completed digital application form. In your application form, make sure to correctly complete the following
- Your contact information including name, address, e-mail, phone and website if any
- A Letter of intent summarizing the reasons for your application and expectations from the programme
- It should also include a brief informative curriculum vitae
- Applicants must also include a Portfolio of maximum 10 MB detailing some of their works
The application form must be downloaded from the programme website, completed and submitted before the deadline of April 10, 2023. Only submissions in English will be accepted
For more information, visit the official website here