Deadline: August 1, 2022
The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology at the Uppsala University in Sweden is inviting applications for two Research Positions in Computational Biochemistry. They are seeking to recruit two (2) Postdoctoral researchers to work on several research projects in the Research unit of Johan Åqvist and Hugo Gutiérrez de Terán.
The research will mainly focus on computer simulations of enzyme reactions, ligand binding and membrane-protein mediated signal transduction. Selected Postdoctoral researchers will work in collaboration with several experimental groups.
You will work on current projects that involve the computational analysis of enzyme evolution and adaptation as well as mechanistic characterization of signal transduction through G-protein-coupled receptors and software development. Specialized research work will focus:
- Molecular dynamics and QM/MM computer simulations.
- Free energy calculations.
- Molecular docking.
- Bioinformatics analysis and modelling of protein structure.
- Software development.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- The University will offer an employment contract of Two (2) Years to the selected Researchers.
- This will be a 100% Full time employment.
- The position comes with all the benefits of working in Sweden including Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Wellbeing Support and Parental Leave.
Applicants for the Research Positions must meet the following conditions
- Applications are invited from applicants from any country regardless of their nationality or residence.
- You must have completed a PhD degree in either computational chemistry, structural biology, biophysics or related field.
- Applicants must posses documented experience in Computational Chemistry ad Structural Biology.
- You must demonstrate scientific skills evident through publications and presentations at various conferences.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills plus good oral and written communication skills.
Applications are submitted through the the Uppsala University recruitment system. You must first create an account and build your profile in order to apply. Applicants will have to complete information regarding their work experience, previous education certifications and publications.
In order to complete your application, you will be required to submit the following documents
- Your most recent CV
- Upload a cover letter
- Your Transcripts of records
For more information, visit the official website here