Deadline: November 15 , 2021
Apply for Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) the PhD program in Japan for international Applicants. The OIST Graduate University offers several PhD programs, providing a secure foundation in the fundamentals of your field, with unparalleled opportunities for cross-disciplinary research. The program is administered by the Academic Affairs Section to facilitate your academic progress from enrollment to graduation with huge success
OIST usually accepts about 60 full-time graduate students to the program with admissions running every year. This ensures low numbers of students for each faculty member so that they can deliver best-in-the-world teaching for our graduate program.
Basically, you will need to have is completed a Bachelors, Masters or equivalent degree prior to the admission date in order to qualify for the OIST Graduate Program.
- The OIST PhD program is fully funded for all OIST students regardless the nationality therefore one selected for the program, no fee charges are expect from you.
- The funding not only covers full tuition but ensures a comfortable living standard as well, therefore, you do not need to be concerned about acquiring additional scholarships or financial aid at the time of application.
- To be eligible for the OIST Graduate Program, you must have completed a BSc, MSc or equivalent degree or expect to do so prior to the admission date.
- Much as your grades are important, OIST places great emphasis on letters from academic referees and other evidence of your potential as a researcher.
- All international students are welcome to apply
Alongside the online application form, you will need to submit the following documets
- Scanned copies of your current academic transcript and any completed diploma (BSc, MSc, etc.) in PDF format. Transcripts that are not in English will have to be accompanied with and English explanation/ translation
- A Statement of purpose laying out your scientific interests and aspirations as well as hopes for the program
- You are required to have at least two and no more than five letters of recommendation from appropriate academic referees.
- If your Academic qualifications were earned from a university for which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score obtained within the last 2 year
For more information, visit the official website here