Deadline: May 2, 2021
Apply for a once in a lifetime NATO Internship programme, an opportunity to learn for a duration of 6 months, from the NATO community. This internship will give you the opportunity to gain valuable work experience as well as a better understanding of the Alliance. Internships will be conducted in Brussels, Belgium for duration of at least six (6) months.
The 19th call for internship applications for the NATO-funded program, for placements in 2022 is open. This Alliance Internship Programme offers participants rear opportunities to experience this international environment through a variety of fields. The major fields of interest include communications, finance, human resources, international relations, IT, law and political science.
Although the main interns program is dedicated to direct NATO member countries, citizens/nationals of NATO partner countries (PFP/EAPC) may apply for similar positions as well. if you fall under this category, you are advised to contact your Delegation at NATO Headquarters directly for information on potential internships within the Delegation.
In case you are selected for the program, you will benefit from the following
- If you are selected as an intern for the NATO-funded programme, you will eligible a monthly stipend to cover your expenses.
- Selected applicants will also be provided with a prepaid flight or train ticket which may amount up to 1,200€
- Participants whos choose to travel by car reimbursed for their travel costs as well.
- The programme allows you to have 15 days of leave for the full period of 6 months
In order to apply for an internship at NATO, applicants must meet all criteria outlined below
- To apply, you must be a citizen of a NATO Member State.
- Applicants must have 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- You must be currently enrolled at a university in one of the key focused degree fields
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least two years of their university education and are enrolled in their third year.
- If you obtained your highest degree less than a year ago, you are also invited to apply
- You must have proven proficiency in one of the two official NATO languages, that is, English Or French
- A working knowledge of a second official NATO official language will be an added advantage
If you are interested in participating in the NATO-funded internship, you are advised to submit your application before the call deadline. All applications must be submitted through e-recruitment system. Remember that any spontaneous applications or applications sent per mail/email will not be accepted
During your application, you will have the opportunity to slelect intern positions that meet your profile. As an applicant, you may submit a maximum of 5 applications. Along with your application, you will also be required to submit the following supporting dcuments
- You must recent CV.
- A well written Letter of Motivation.
For more information, visit the official website here