Deadline: September 30 , 2021
Apply for the National Chiao Tung University International Students Scholarship in Taiwan. The NCTU International Scholarships are available to outstanding degree-seeking international students with excellent academic and research records. Selected candidates will be offered a scholarship which includes a monthly stipend and/or exemption from tuition fees. Scholarships are offered to International students applying for either a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at NCTU.
Applicants for this scholarship must be outstanding degree-seeking international students with excellent academic and research records. You will have the option to indicate if you wish to be considered for the scholarship during the application process. This scholarship is offered for the First year. Recipients will have to apply to receive the scholarship for the following year.
National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) was established in Taiwan in 1958. After undergoing 60 years of development and refinement, the university stands tall with outstanding research performance in the fields of information and communications, science, engineering, biotechnology as well as management.
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
Selected students may be awarded monthly stipend or a combination of exemption from tuition fees and a monthly stipend. .
The monthly stipends are offered as below
- Undergraduate students: A monthly stipend worth NT$21,000 (US$700) per month and/or tuition waiver.
- Master’s students: A monthly stipend worth NT$22,000 (US$733) per month and/or tuition waiver.
- Doctoral students: A monthly stipend worth NT $29,000 (US$966) per month and/or tuition waiver.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
NCTU International Student Scholarship
- This scholarship programme is open to international students applying for a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent performance and outstanding academic records in their previous studies
- You must not have not received any other scholarships of equal or higher value from the Taiwan (R.O.C.) government.
- Scholars awarded the scholarship shall keep the following average grade during the first semester in order to reapply or continue the second semester award
- Post-graduate students shall achieve an average grade of 82 or higher;
- Undergraduate students shall achieve an average grade of 75 or higher
- You must meet the admission conditions set by NCTU for application into a degree programme of your choice
The spring application session is now open and runs from August 10, 2021 to September 30, 2021. As new students, you will have to apply along with the degree programs of your choice. Please note that the application for admission is submitted through the university online application system.
At the time of application for admission, you will have the opportunity to indicate if you wish to be considered for the scholarship. You should mark under the “NCTU Scholarship” item on the form to be considered.
The review process will be conducted by each department from every faculty. After the preliminary review, each departments will select qualifying candidates based upon your previous academic records and/or research capabilities.
Shortlisted candidates will then be ranked and then recommended to the members of the International Students Admissions Committee. The final decisions on the award of the scholarships will be done by the scholarship selection committee.
For more information, visit the official website here