Deadline: November 30 , 2021
Applications are soon opening for the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship at Nanyang Technological University Singapore. The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme. This program is designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU.
Applications are open to applicants from all nationalities from any country around the world. However, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents. Foreign applicants must not be discouraged from applying. Eligible applicants are those who have graduated or are in their final year of undergraduate study.
If you are among the successful candidates, you along with other applicants will be known as Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholars. During the first year, you will be expected to take relevant courses and to work towards passing the qualifying examination. In the event that this qualification is not met, there will be no conversion to a Masters degree for the NPGS awardees.
Nanyang Technological University is a research-intensive public university located in Singapore with a population of about 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, and Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, and its Graduate College. This is an opportunity to take your research experience in your preferred field to another dimension.
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- The scholarship award covers the annual tuition fee for your selected degree program
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth $3,500
- Selected applicants will be eligible for a conference allowance worth up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year)
- As a selected candidate, you will be eligible for an IT allowance in form of a One time allowance of $1,500
- Journal subscription or book purchase: Annual grant of $500
- Thesis Allowance: One time allowance of $600.It will be disbursed during the final year scholarship renewal.
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- All nationalities are eligible and are welcome to apply for this program
- You must have completed your undergraduate degree program or in your final year of study for your undergraduate program
- Applicants must hold a Honours (Highest Distinction) or equivalent at Bachelor’s level by the time of application
- Candidates who have not yet completed their undergraduate degree programme must be ale to provide documentation from their home university showing that they are on track to get a Honours (Highest Distinction) degree or equivalent
- You must demonstrate academic performance in your previous and current studies.
You will have to fully complete the online application provided in order to be considered for the program.
- You are hereby informed that the application for Academic Year 2022-2023 (August 2022 and January 2023) will open from October 1, 2021 to November 30, 2021. Please apply at this
- The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress.
- You will need to complete your application using the online application portal created for this goal.
- Applicants will need to create a new account and profile before completing their application.
For more information, visit the official website here