Deadline: May 5, 2023
Applications for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship Program are still open for eligible applicants. This fellowship is dedicated to applicants from eligible countries who are at the mid-stage of their career. Selected candidates for this fellowship will have the opportunity to spend up to ten (10) months at Chatham House working on a personal project of their choice. The programme is funded as a joint initiative with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation
During the fellows programme, selected fellows will take part in the core work of the Institute. Through your work and projects you will be working on, you will develop your skills and Knowledge. The fellowship will be hosted at Chatham House in London, in the united Kingdom
This fellowship is particularly open to are dynamic, creative, driven individuals who are excited to contribute to Chatham House’s research teams. As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to analyze key global and national challenges and develop policy solutions.
The fellowship is fully funded and all fellows will receive several incentives throughout the fellowship programme, including monthly stipends, accommodation, food, insurance and lots more. You will work full-time during the entire fellowship duration
Selected fellows will be receive the following benefit
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth £2,365 for the entire duration of the fellowship.
- The stipend is intended to cover the costs of living such as accommodation, utilities, food, transport and any other requirement
- Fellows will also receive provision to cover the costs related to relocation, fieldwork and possible publication costs.
Candidates for the fellowship programme must meet the following conditions
- This fellowship is dedicated to citizens of any African Country
- Applicants who hold dual citizenship with an African Country may also apply
- To be considered, you must have completed BA degree or its equivalent. Applicants who hold a Master’s degree will have an added advantage
- Candidates must be at mid-stage of their with working experience in academia, NGO, business, government departments, civil society or the media.
- The programme does not set any age restrictions therefore applicants of all ages are welcome to apply
Applications for the fellowship are summitted online using the online application portal. If shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview by Zoom. Candidates will be required to submit the following documents
- The candidate’s CV/resumé
- Submit a scanned copy of your passport
- Request and submit names of two referees who will recommend you
- Draft a proposal for a possible research project
For more information, visit the official website here