Deadline: February 10, 2022
Applications for the Max Plank Summer internship (MaxSIP) in Germany for 2022 are now open to international applicants. This Summer Internship Program aims to provide an opportunity to highly motivated passionate undergraduate students to join one of the labs at the Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology and the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry.
The Summer internship will present you with the opportunity to become familiar with different scientific approaches and laboratory methods at the institute. Interns will get first hand experience on the many diverse subjects and you will have the ability to enhance your understanding in your field.
This internship program has its main, to provide excellent students with a broad range of research experiences and knowledge to promote them early on in their career. You will take part in different Research projects in different fields ranging from structural, computational, developmental and cellular biology to molecular biology, biophysics and neurobiology. Applicants will be required to select up to three of the research groups that their prefer to work with
Selected applicants for the MaxSIP internship program will receive several benefits including:
- You will receive free student accommodation
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend of approximately 800 Euro
- You will receive Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Martinsried, near Munich
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Applicants from all nationalities are welcome to apply for this internship programme
- You must be a passionate and motivated bachelor’s or master’s degree student, currently doing your degree in in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Psychology and related fields.
- Applicants may be bachelor, master, or post-master students that have already gained some research experience during their studies.
- You must demonstrate excellent performance keeping in mind that the programme is highly competitive
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficiency of the English Language
You must submit your application using the online application platform is open between January 1st and February 10, 2022. During your application, you will be required to upload the following support documents
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae of around 1-2 pages
- The candidate’s Transcripts and records of study and degree certificate for all completed degrees
- Temporary/provisional transcripts for degree programs, you are currently enrolled in
- You must include a Letter of recommendation from one referee
- A Letter of motivation which will be typed into the application form directly by the applicant
- In case your academic training was not in English or German, you must include a language certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL
For more information, visit the official website here