Deadline: October 1, 2021
Apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at United States International University Africa for the Academic year 2021/2022. The program is sponsored by the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation as part of its global Scholars Program for students.
The scholarship is aimed for young eligible and motivated Africa applicants who are denied an opportunity to access world class university education and realizing their dreams by financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints .
This Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program avails them a full-cost scholarships and in return, after completing of their studies, they will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- The cost of Tuition and functional fees
- Laptops, books and other learning materials
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home
- Access to leadership training
- Reasonable accommodation and meals
- Access to entrepreneurial training
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentor-ship
- Disability needs will be taken care of
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- You must be of African decent with residence in an African country
- Eligible applicants must be a youth not exceeding 29 years old of age
- Applicants can be either young women and men although Young women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Eligible applicants can be Refugees and displaced youth;
- Applicants could be Youth with disabilities.
- You must meet the university admissions requirement for the program of your interest as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have leadership potential and must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
- You must be applying to attend one of the ;following eligible programs
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology,
- A Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- Bachelor of Pharmacy,
- A Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- Bachelor of Arts in Animation,
- A Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Bachelor of Science in Finance,
- A Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- A Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Applicants are advised to follow the following procedure in order to sub,it their applications
- Applicants must download the application forms and fill all the required fields
- You will then submit your completed application forms by email [email protected] or drop at Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa or post to:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi
For more information, visit the official website here