Deadline : September 15, 2021
Apply to be a Reader for the Mandela Washington Fellowships Application 2022. The U.S. Department of State and IREX invites applications from academic, professional, and regional experts to read and score applications for the 2022 Mandela Washington Fellowship. Each year, the department enlists the help of qualified personnel to read and evaluate applications for their Mandela Washington fellowship.
Since its launce seven years ago, the program received nearly 300,000 applications from 49 Sub-Saharan African countries for 5,100 Fellow slots. The department therefore appreciates the talents and expertise for hose selected for the review process in helping score our high volume of applications
As a Reader, your main responsibility will be to will be evaluating program applicants submitted by applicants from different countries. The review will be based on set guidelines drafted by the programme and a scoring rubric. With each application taking about 10-15 minutes to read and score the Reading process will require you an estimate of around 10 hours to read approximately 40 applications allocated to Each reader.
This years reading period will begin on September 16, 2021, comprising of up to three separate reading phases with each phase running for three weeks, that is, from mid-September through early November.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected Readers will receive a one-time, appreciation $100 honorarium for their service.
- Only readers who have a U.S. bank account are eligible to receive an honorarium as the programme is unable to send international wire payments for honoraria.
Candidates who wish to participate in this process must meet the following conditions
- Qualifying readers may be academics and/or professionals with expertise in one or more of the
- Fellowship’s thematic areas (business, civic engagement, or public management),
- Applicants must posses experience working in Africa, or experience working on Sub-Saharan African issues.
Please note that U.S. Government employees and Fellowship Alumni are welcome to apply although they may not receive honoraria
Interested and qualifying candidates who wish to serving as a readers are requested to submit their applications by the deadline of September 15, 2021. Applications are submitted exclusively online
After initial reviews, eligible candidates will be selected confirmations will be made via email to those who will bee selected to be a readers before the Fellowship application closes on September 15, 2021.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here