Deadline : August 16, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship Program. Established in 1980 by the Malaysian Government, the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP). The program was funded with the main aim of boosting the South-South Cooperation through the sharing of Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries. The main program objectives include
- Sharing experience and expertise with other developing countries.
- Strengthening its ties through bilateral cooperation, with developing countries.
- Encouraging and promoting South-South Cooperation as well as technical cooperation within developing countries.
Through this commitment, the MTCP program offers up to 60 technical training and capacity-building programmes in developmental fields and backgrounds. These trainings are dedicated to students from developing countries and are made possible through collaboration with leading local training institutions and international development partners.
Selected applicants will have the opportunity to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia. Throughout their stay, they will work to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to the development of their home countries and communities. The Master’s degree programme duration must be equivalent to the scholarship duration which is between 12 to 24 months
Selected applicants for this scholarship will receive the following benefits
- You will receive coverage for Tuition fess for your selected degree programme
- The programme offer a cost of Living Allowance for the entire duration of your stay in Malaysia
- You will receive a Books and Tools Allowance
- Scholars will receive a House Rental Allowance to cater for their accommodation
- You will also be eligible for a Family Assistance Allowance
- The programme will fund your travel from your home country to Malaysia
- Towards the completion of your studies, you will be offered a Thesis allowance
- Costs related to Visa application are also covered by the programme
- There is an End of study allowance for all students who successfully complete their studies
Candidates for the programme must meet the following conditions
- The programme is open to nationals and citizens of participating eligible countries (Please see full list here)
- Applicants must not have more than 45 years of age at the time of application.
- The programme is specifically dedicated to applicants who are applying for a Master’s degree programme at one of the Participating Universities
- To be considered, you must posses a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or GPA of 3.0 on a sale of 5.0
- You must also provide proof of sufficient English language proficiency. Accepted certificates include IELTS (6.0), TOEFL (500).
- Applicants who completed their degree with the medium of instruction as English may be exempted from providing English Language Certificates.
- You must also apply and receive admission for a postgraduate programme from one of the participating Universities
Applications for the programme must be submitted using the program online application system. The application process requires you to fill the online application form and uploading several required documents
All the documents are supposed to be submitted within the application system. Below is a list of required documents.
- Certified copies of your Passport as evidence of nationality
- Submit certified copies of your Degree certificate or Diploma
- You must also include certified copies of your Academic Transcripts of records;
- Include an official document issued by your university describing the university’s grade system.
- Submit a certified copy of English Language Proficiency tests results if applicable. Accepted tests include TOEFL or IELTS
- You must include a Medical examination Result proving that you are in good health
- Request and submit two Letters of Recommendation from two (2) referees
- You will Submit an Endorsement form MTCP Scholarship
- Submit an Admission letter for your degree programme from Malaysian Universities if applicable
- Include your most recent Curriculum Vitae
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here