Deadline: March 29, 2021
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science is dedicated to women from sub-Saharan Africa region. This programme aims to promote and give courage to young African women, to take up opportunities in the science filed. This program aims to identifies and rewards young talented researchers in the fields of sciences, life and environmental sciences, material sciences, engineering sciences and technological sciences
For the 12th edition, the programme is welcoming up to 20 participants, encouraging young researchers currently in doctoral or post-doctoral studies to pursue a brilliant scientific career. Over the years, the programme realized that a larger number of applicants had always been from South Africa. For this reason therefore, the programme has decided to split the initial regional program into two separate programs, namely:
- A new national program dedicated to South Africa
- The regional program for sub-Saharan Africa, with the 48 other countries of the region
The programme will provide the following benefits
- 15 grants worth 10,000 € each to be allocated to 15 doctoral students enrolled in a doctoral school and in a research laboratory in sub-Saharan Africa.
- 5 grants worth € 15,000 each to be allocated to 5 post-docs working in a laboratory or research institute in sub-Saharan Africa
- You grant may be used to purchase of computer equipment or advanced equipment, Science articles, payments for travel in the country or abroad to meet experts, attend conferences, congresses, training or any other purpose
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions.
- Applicants must be national and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country
- As an applicant, you must be Working in a research laboratory or institution in one of the eligible countries
- Applicants may also be enrolled in a doctoral programme at a university in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must be engaged in research, in tone of the following fields: life and environmental sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences and technology.
- Applicants must demonstrate proof of English Language proficiency
Applicants must submit their applications using the online portal. Your application will require you to submit the following documents.
- Submit a recent detailed CV of 1 to 2 pages maximum including training, dissemination actions, commitments of the candidate.
- You will be required to include copies of diplomas or certificates obtained from the license in their original language, and translations if applicable
- Submit a summary of research work in 200 words maximum (intended for a panel of scientific experts),
- A detailed description of the research work of 2 pages maximum, including the references (Text justified, Times New Roman font, size 12 with single spacing)
- Draft an estimated budget for a planned expenditure envisaged to support the coherence and realism of the research work.
- Request 2 letters of recommendation from people who understand you and your works very well
- Include a list of your publications, articles, patents or communications
For more information, visit the official website here