Deadline: August 13 , 2021
Apply for the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme for applicants from WCO countries. This scholarship is for one academic year aimed for young customs managers from developing countries. Before the start of the program, there will be a preparatory course for a few weeks to prepare participants for their experience in Japan.
After the completion of the programme, the candidates are expected to work in their home customs administration for 3 years at least and, after 3 years, they should report to the university indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses to enable promising young customs managers from developing countries to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
Once selected for the program, you will receive the following benefits:
- You will receive a monthly stipend that covers accommodations, meals, transportation, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members, if any. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.
- All admission and tuition fees will be covered by the program
- You will receive round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan.
- The current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen (as of 2020).
- The current amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen and annual tuition fee is 917,000 yen (as of 2020).
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- As a candidate, you must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO (see list here).
- You must have quality work experience of at least two years in the field of customs policy and administration in your home country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- You must be in good health
- Eligible candidates should preferably be under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2021.
- If you have already been awarded once, you are not entitled to apply for this Scholarship Programme again.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least
To apply, you are advised to follow the following procedure
- You are required to fill in an online registration for admissions for the scholarship programme.
- ID and password to download the application forms will be obtained by submitting the registration form on the web-site
For more information, visit the official website here