Deadline: January 31, 2023
Apply for the International Excellence Scholarship for the 2023 academic year at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland. This scholarship is dedicated to international students who wish to study for an undergraduate degree at the University of St. Andrews starting in 2023 with an overseas fee status. The university therefore welcomes applicants who are gifted students with academic excellence. Applicants are international fee paying students with excellent results from their high school education.
As a successful scholarship recipient, you will be expected to fulfill an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events during you time at the University. As a unique and captivating place, the University of St Andrews is truly a relaxed and student student friendly environment . Seven centuries of history link the students with the town, leading to the ancient and yet modern institution apparent today.
Along side the International Excellence Scholarship, applicants also have the opportunity to apply for the Global merit award dedicated to new undergraduate overseas fee paying students applying to study at St Andrews. Remember, to apply for these scholarships, you must first submit your application for admission into your preferred degree programme.
Selected applicants for the scholarship program will receive several benefits including:
- You receive a scholarship grant annually for the full duration of your preferred undergraduate programme
- This award may be used to cover tuition fees.
- There is one (1) International Excellence Scholarship offer for the academic year 2023-2024.
- You may also apply for one of the 22 Global merit awards offered to entrant undergraduate students. These awards are worth £5,000 per year
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Applicants must be overseas students who wish to study at The university of St. Andrews.
- You must be applying for an undergraduate degree and must be an entrant in 2023.
- Applicants can apply for any degree programme under subjects excluding Medicine.
- The scholarship is only available to students entering their first year of an undergraduate degree (this includes direct entry into year two of course).
- Applicants must be talented students who are gifted with academic excellence.
- The successful scholars will be expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events.
- You must provide a statement of motivation in support of your application worth up to 250 words. This should include your reasons for applying for the Scholarship, explaining how you would expect to benefit from the opportunities the award provides, and describing how you think you might contribute to the community while studying at the University of St Andrews.
Applicants must first apply for admission into a new course beginning in the 2023-2024 academic year, after which they will have access to the Scholarships and Funding section through My Application. This scholarship is only available for application through Scholarships and Funding.
Please note that after applying for your chosen course beginning in the 2023-2024 academic year, you must allow at least two working days for processing and issue of your log in details before you can apply for this scholarship. You will need to upload the following documents as well.
- You will be required to upload a personal letter of recommendation as well as an Academic letter of recommendation
- Both letters should not be more than 200 words each
- The academic reference could be from a teacher, college counsellor or someone who knows your academic capabilities well.
- A personal reference should be given from a non-family member who will serve as a personal character reference.
For more information, visit the official website here