Deadline: November 6, 2023
The Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships are dedicated to high performing undergraduate or Master’s internationals students and graduates. Applicants must exhibit a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at Imperial college London, a world-class research institution. For selected students, the scholarship will offer coverage for full tuition fees along with a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
To qualify for the President’s PhD Scholarships, you must have completed either a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with excellent grades. You will then have the chance to be selected for one of the 50 research scholarships. This scholarship will give you the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
For the 2024-25 academic year, selected scholars must be ready to start their studies by 1 August 2024, or latest 1 November 2024. Please note that scholarships re offered for both full-time and part-time study depending on the choice of the applicant and the structure of the programme you are applying for.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Applicants will receive coverage for programme fees for their selected degree programme
- You will also receive a consumables fund worth £2,000 per year.
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth £25,150 to cover your daily living expenses.
- The Programme will support graduates up on return to their home countries, through the skills they develop, in strengthening their countries’ capacity to address the challenges posed by climate change.
Applicants for the programme must meet the following conditions
- You must be a Citizen and national of any country around the world.
- You must have graduated with a first class bachelor’s or Integrated Masters degree or its equivalent from an accredited Institution.
- Applicants who do not meet the above criteria must posses a distinction in a Standalone Masters Qualification.
- Applicants applying with a a first class bachelor’s or Integrated Master’s qualification must have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 or equivalent to a first class honor’s.
- Applicants must have proof of sufficient English Language proficiency
Before you apply, you must first contact a supervisor at a faculty or department of your choice and requesting them to supervise your research.
After finding a supervisor, you should then apply for admission for your preferred program through the standard online application portal. Once you receive admission, your department will put your forward and recommend you for the scholarship based on your academic merit.
During the application process, applicants must indicate that they wish to be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship by selecting this in the finding section
Suitable candidates may be requested to provide additional information including:
- A personal statement explaining your reasons for applying for the scholarship and your study program and a brief summary on your proposed research topic.
- You may also be requested to provide two academic referees to support your application
For more information, visit the official website here