Deadline : November 5, 2021
The Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships are dedicated to high performing undergraduate or Master’s internationals students and graduates. Applicants must exhibit a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at Imperial college London, a world-class research institution. For selected students, the scholarship will offer coverage for full tuition fees along with a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
To qualify for the President’s PhD Scholarships, you must have completed either a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with excellent grades. You will then have the chance to be selected for one of the 50 research scholarships. This scholarship will give you the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
For the 2022-23 academic year, selected scholars must be ready to start their studies by 1 August 2022, or latest 1 November 2022. Please note that scholarships re offered for both full-time and part-time study depending on the choice of the applicant and the structure of the programme you are applying for.
If you are successful selected for one of the available scholarships, you will receive the following benefits
- Scholarships offer financial support for a duration of up to 3.5 years
- Scholars will receive full funding for tuition fees for their selected PhD programme
- You will receive an annual stipend of £21,800 to help you cover your daily living costs
- Scholars will also receive a consumables fund worth £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- As a scholar, you will have full access access to all kinds of support available to postgraduates at Imperial, including tailored support for disabled and international students.
If you wish to apply for these scholarships, you must meet the following requirements
- International Applicants from are welcome to apply for the scholarships as there is not restriction on nationality
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent academic performance and promising research potential.
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s or master’s degree at the time of application
- Applicants who have not yet completed their degrees at the time of application will be considered provided that the provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction
- Your degree must be a first-class UK degree or an equivalent in case your degree was not obtained in the UK.
- Before applying, candidates will be required to make contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London
- You must discuss and agree on a possible research project with your supervisors
- These scholarships are only open to new PhD applicants as those already registered at the university will not be considered.
Applicants who wish to be considered for one of the available scholarships are advised to submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through. You must use the online admissions system to complete and submit your application
Up on recipient of your application, your department will recommend and put you forward for the scholarship based on your academic merit and potential. Therefore, there is no dedicated application form for the scholarship
As part of your application, you will be requested to submit a personal statement worth 2-page long. The first page a personal statement and the second your research proposal.
Applicants will also be requested to submit names of two academic referees, one of them being their proposed PhD supervisor.
Please remember to select this option in the funding section under the additional questions tab when completing your online application form, in order to be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here