Deadline: November 4, 2022
The Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships are dedicated to high performing undergraduate or Master’s internationals students and graduates. Applicants must exhibit a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at Imperial college London, a world-class research institution. For selected students, the scholarship will offer coverage for full tuition fees along with a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
To qualify for the President’s PhD Scholarships, you must have completed either a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with excellent grades. You will then have the chance to be selected for one of the 50 research scholarships. This scholarship will give you the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
For the 2023-24 academic year, selected scholars must be ready to start their studies by 1 August 2023, or latest 1 November 2023. Please note that scholarships re offered for both full-time and part-time study depending on the choice of the applicant and the structure of the programme you are applying for.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Applicants will receive coverage for programme fees for their selected degree programme
- You will receive coverage for costs for flights from and back to your home country
- The programme will cover your costs related to accommodation
- You will receive a monthly stipend to cover your daily living expenses.
- The Programme will support graduates up on return to their home countries, through the skills they develop, in strengthening their countries’ capacity to address the challenges posed by climate change.
Applicants for the programme must meet the following conditions
- You must be a Citizen and national of one of the participating Small Island Developing States (SIDS). (Please see full list here)
- Applicants for the programme must have three year of work experience that is directly relevant to their proposed programme
- You must have graduated with a a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited Institution
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 or equivalent to a first class honor’s .
- Candidates with a second class honor may be accepted, if the applicant has sufficient directly relevant work experience
- Applicants must not have already achieved a qualification at master’s level or higher and must not currently be undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher
- To be selected, you must demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations as well as a commitment to addressing climate change and its associated challenges within your own country
- You must also demonstrate interest and the ability contribute to building positive relationships with Ireland.
Applicants must have proof of sufficient English Language proficiency
Before you apply, you are advised to identify and select three relevant programmes from the Directory of Eligible Programmes. Also remember that you must not have applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme on more than one previous occasion.
The application involves 3 stages as described below
- For the Preliminary Application, you will complete a short and brief process that will determine if you are fully eligible for the programme. If you are deemed eligible, you will now progress to the second stage
- The Detailed Application stage requires applicants to file a complete application. You will submit your bio information and also submit the required application documents. Once short listed, you will progress the the third stage
- Interviews are conducted at the third stage of the application. If you make it through the interviews, you will now be required to take another English language test, normally the IELTS exam, unless you already posses an IELTS certificate
The following documents will be required for the preliminary application
- Official identification in form of a passport other official identification document.
- Copies of your Your undergraduate degree award certificate or Diploma.
- Final degree academic transcripts along with a detailed explanation of the grading system.
For more information, visit the official website here