Deadline : May 3, 2022
Apply for the HGHI LEAD Fellowship for Women in Global Health in the United States. The fellowship aims to equip and empower more women leaders in global health. This fellowship is offered by the Harvard Global Health Institute together with the Women and Health Initiative at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The fellowship is dedicated to women from low- and middle-income countries with an aim of promoting their leadership skills in who will, in turn, mentor future female leaders in global health.
Fellows from the past have come from 6 different countries, with representation from Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and South America. Fellowships have been conducted in areas ranging from HIV/AIDS and healthcare, to health policy at the highest levels of government. For the 2021 fellowship program, activities will begin virtually during the fall semester, due to the Covid pandemic. However, the 2021-2022 fellowship will include an in-person experience during the spring 2022 semester.
Accepted fellows will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected fellows will travel to the United States for the spring semester January – May 2022
- Fellows will reside reside in Cambridge, MA for the whole duration of the spring semester
- Your Visa fees, housing, and flights will be covered under the fellowship
- You will also receive a monthly living stipend for the entire duration of the fellowship
In order to apply for the fellowship program, you must make sure that you meet the following application conditions.
- Applicants for the fellowship may come from all continents, regions, disciplines, sectors, gender and gender identities.
- All applicants of all ages are welcome to apply since there are no age limits or academic prerequisites.
- You have worked (and still working) full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrate sufficient leadership experience
- To be considered, you are required to receive full support of from your employer and be a champion in your organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- You must be eligible and be able to secure a J-1 visa for travel to the United States in spring 2022,
- During at least two years prior to arrival at Harvard, the you should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
You must complete the online application form if you wish to be considered for the fellowship. You application will require submission of two Letters of Recommendation with at least one from current/most recent professional engagement
The 2021-22 LEAD fellowship program will begin virtually during the fall semester, from September through December 2021. This will then be followed by an in-person experience during the spring 2022 semester. Fellows will travel to the United States to attend the In-person spring semester
Visa fees, housing, and flights will be covered under the fellowship and a living stipend will be provided for the months in residence. The application deadline is May 3rd, 2021.
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here