Deadline: March 15, 2024
Apply for the Hasselt University Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium. Each year, the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training awards several scholarships to eligible international students to study a master’s programme in Flanders and Brussels, in Belgium. These scholarships are dedicated to selected outstanding students from eligible countries around the world.
As a selected applicants for a Master Mind Scholarship, you will be eligible for a scholarship grant worth around a grant of €10,000 combined with a tuition fee waiver. You will receive this scholarship for each academic year for a period of Two years, covering the full duration of your selected master’s degree programme.
All students from any country around the world are welcome to apply. From the total number of scholarships offered by the Flemish Ministry, there are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries including Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2) and USA (5). Students studying for a two-year Master Programme must demonstrate sufficient academic performance in the first academic year in order to be able to receive the scholarship for the second academic year
If you are selected for the program, you will benefit from the following benefits
- The Master Mind Scholarship program includes a grant of €10,000 for each academic year
- You will also receive a tuition fee waiver per academic year for the whole duration of your degree programme.
- Your grant will be paid in instalments, to cover your accommodation costs, insurances and other living expenses
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions.
- All nationalities are welcome to apply for the scholarship, however, your previous degree must have been obtained from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- You must meet that admission conditions for your selected master’s degree programme at Hasselt University.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic performance potential from their previous studies
- Sufficient academic performance must be equivalent to a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0:
- You must have proof of sufficient English proficiency with the following grade results
- An overall minimum band score of 7.0 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test
- A C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Or a similar result in another official language test (recognized by the host institution)
- Online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be accepted
UHasselt will screen and select a total number of 20 applicants, who will then be forwarded to the Flemish Government selection committee, which makes the final selection on the basis of shortlist submitted. You are therefore required to submit your application to UHasselt for the first selection process. You are advised to follow the following steps
- Step 1: You must submit duly completed application form which must include all the mandatory support documents, Master programme of your choice at UHasselt
- Step 2: Applicants must then Complete and submit the Master Mind application form by the deadline of March 15, 2024
During the application process, you must include the following application support documents.
- Request 2 recommendation letters from professors at your Home university, University or recent employer written in English.
- If you are applying for Master of Management or Master of Transportation Sciences, you are required to upload your admission letter from Hasselt University.