Deadline : July 31, 2021
Applications are now open for the German Bundestag (ISP) International Parliamentary Scholarships Programme for applicants from selected Southern African States. This programme is dedicated to eligible candidates who Would like, and are interested in knowing how the German Parliament Works. The programme was launched in 2020 and the German Bundestag offers scholarships for politically engaged young graduates from eligible selected Countries.
Applicants for the programme are highly motivated graduates who wish to to take part in this scholarship programme in Berlin, Germany, in January 2022. Participants are expected to put to practice the experience they will have acquired and play an active role in promoting core democratic values back in their home countries.
This fully funded programme is intensive four-week experience in which eight selected participants will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of the German parliamentary system and political decision making processes. The climax of the whole programme will be a one-week work placement in the office of a Member of the German Bundestag. For selected participants, the programme will start on January 1 and end on January 31, 2022 in Berlin, Germany.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected participants for the programme will receive a monthly scholarship grant worth 500 euros.
- The German Bundestag will also cover the costs related to health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- All participants will receive accommodation in an apartment complex for the full duration of the programme
- The programme will also cover the costs related to travel to and from Berlin.
To apply, make sure that you meet the following conditions
- Applicants for the programme must be citizens of one the participating countries (Please see list here)
- At the time of commencement of the programme, you must be under the age of 30
- Applicants must posses a university degree if they are to be considered University degree
- You are required to have a very good knowledge of German in order to apply
- Applicants must demonstrate interest in politics, and social/political commitment
Interested eligible applicants must send their fully completed online application documents by email as a PDF-file. The PDF file name should consist of the applicant’s surname followed by their given name. Applications must be mailed to the German mission in the applicant’s home country.
The complete application must include the following documents
- Complete the Application form available on the programme website
- You must include evidence of sufficient knowledge of German
- Also include a Copy of your passport or ID card
- You must also include a Certified copy of university degree certificate
- Request a Letter of recommendation in either German or English from a university professor or current employer
Email addresses for the German Mission in your country is available on the programme website
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here