Deadline : Rolling Basis
Facebook invites applications for its Research Internship programme in Artificial Intelligence (AI). Research Interns will join the Facebook AI Research (FAIR) in selected cities in the United States. The main aim of this Internship programme is to contribute to the advancement of the field of artificial intelligence by making fundamental advances in technologies vital to advancing our understanding of our world.
Facebook is therefore looking for passionate and motivated individuals with interest in areas including as deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, natural language processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics. Throughout this programme, you will have the opportunity to work on different tasks including, making algorithmic advances and applying these ideas at a large scale.
Interns will be stationed at Facebook offices in either Menlo Park, New York, Seattle or Pittsburgh in the United States. This programme will run for a period of a minimum 12-week duration.
Selected Research Interns will have the following responsibilities during the internship period
- Interns will carry out research with an aim of advancing the science and technology of intelligent machines
- As an intern, you will carryout research with the in order to learn the semantics of data including images, text, video, audio.
- In general, interns will work on various aspects that can be applied to Facebook product development
Candidates Research Internship programme must meet the following conditions
- Although the programme is mainly dedicated to applicants who have completed or in the process of completing a PhD, outstanding Masters and Bachelor students may also be considered
- Applicants should be able to obtain work authorization in the United States upon acceptance and maintain ongoing work authorization during the whole internship programme.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who have prior experience in machine learning, AI, computer vision, optimization, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- You should have sufficient Knowledge in C, C++, Python, Lua and other programming language
Applications for the research interns programme must be submitted online using the online application portal. You must be applying for Intern positions in Menlo Park, New York, Seattle, and Pittsburgh Facebook offices.
Please note that Internships for the programme are awarded on a rolling basis and therefore, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Your application will require you to complete the following steps
- Personal Information
- The Applicant’s Education History
- Your Work Experience and Skills
- Voluntary Self-Identification
- Review and Submit
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here