Deadline: June 18, 2023
Traineeships are now open for application at the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Each year, the agency invites potential fellows for their fellowship programme that covers several areas including medicine regulation, life sciences, healthcare, chemistry, information technology, pharmaceutical law, human resources, finance, communications, public relations and library and information science.
This years fellows programme will start in October 2023, so the Agency is accepting applications till the deadline of June 18, 2023. Potential fellows are both EU and Non EU nationals who posses a University degree in any of the mentioned fields. Fellowships run for a ten (10) months from October 1, 2023 to July 31, 2024. Fellows will be posted at the Agency premises in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
These are fully funded fellowships and selected fellows may choose to do a full-time traineeship which is worth 40 hours a week, or a part-time traineeship which can be worth 80%, or 50% combined with Erasmus+ or any other similar programme, or even a PhD. Are you an open minded person, ready to work in a multicultural environment with a proactive attitude? then this programme is for you.
Selected applicants for this scholarship will receive the following benefits
- Fellows will attend a 10 month traineeship programme in the selected field of their choice on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Selected fellows attending a full-time traineeship will receive a monthly stipend worth €1,744.70 to facilitate their stay in Netherlands.
- For part-time traineeships, your stipend will be reduced accordingly, depending on whether you are opting for an 80% or 50% traineeship.
- The agency will also facilitate your transportation at the beginning and at the close of the fellowship programme.
- Throughout the fellowship and your work during the whole programme, you will receive career guidance and assistance for professional development
Candidates for the programme must meet the following conditions
- The agency accepts applications from both EU and Non EU nationals to apply for a fellowship in a field of their choice.
- You must be a recent university graduate and must have completed your degree not longer than 12 months.
- University students on Erasmus+ or any other similar program are welcome to apply for the part-time traineeship
- PhD students may also apply for the traineeship programme.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency of at least a C1 and good Knowledge of another official EU language of at least a B2.
Applicants are advised to select their field of interest and apply for listed fellowships under the selected field. All available fellowships are listed on the EMA Careers portal. You will be requested to complete your profile first, and then the application for the selected fellowship.
Follow the steps below is you wish to apply for a fellowship
- Visit the EMA EMA Careers portal webpage by clicking on the link provided below.
- Choose a traineeship programme of your choice, that falls in your field of study.
- All traineeships programmes are marked with the keyword “Trainee” in the Type of Position Field.
- Visit the dedicated webpage of your selected Traineeship programme.
- Go through the programme description, the Eligibility and requirements for applications, as these differ from one traineeship to the other.
- If you meet all the requirements, launch your application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button at the bottom of the page.
For more information, visit the official website here