Deadline: March 31, 2021
Apply for the 2021 European Committee of the Regions (CoR) Traineeships Program. Each year the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) offers several traineeships to applicants from the European Union (EU) and partner countries. The committee usually offers there types of traineeships, namely:,
- The standard traineeships
- Traineeships reserved for government officials;
- Short-term study visits
Applicants who are interested in traineeships provide financial remuneration are advised to apply for the Standard traineeship. The standard traineeship is designed to give you the opportunity to witness first-hand the dynamics of a multilingual and multinational work environment.
Trainees work small groups to give them the opportunity to learn. Through your traineeship, you will be able to attend a wide range of conferences, forums and seminars, as well as a unique opportunity to create an event by yourself
The standard Traineeship runs twice every year with each session lasting 5 months. The spring Session runs from the 16th of February to 15th of July wile the Autumn Session runs from the 16th of September to 15th of February. Applications are therefore open from April 1st to September 30th for the Spring Session and from 1st October 1st to March 31st for the Autumn Session
If you are selected as a trainee for this programme, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- As a fellow, you will spend 5 months working for your selected CoR-department
- Your work load will be a full time / 40 hours a week for a period of 5 months
- Fellows will be working at CoR offices in Brussels, Belgium
- You will receive a fellows grant worth approx. 1200 euros/month
- Preferred choice between 3 of the CoR’s departments
- In addition, you will also receive travel and mobility allowance
- Selected fellows will be eligible for Health insurance cover through put the traineeship
- Coverage for accident insurance is also guaranteed
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions.
- To apply, applicants must be EU citizens
- If you are a citizen from third countries (including the UK) may apply and may be selected in exceptional cases,. This may happen if your candidature is of particular interest to the CoR and that you comply with requirements under national immigration law for residing and working legally in Belgium
- Candidates must have completed a University degree by the closing date for applications
- You must demonstrate excellent knowledge of one of the EU’s official languages and satisfactory knowledge of French or English
- Eligible applicants must not have received more than 8 weeks of training or employment with a European Institution or body.
Applicants for the standard traineeship must submit their application using the online portal. You must decide whether you want to apply of the Spring session or the Autumn session, keeping in mind the deadline of each.
Applications run from April 1st to September 30th for the Spring Session and from 1st October 1st to March 31st for the Autumn Session. Follow the procedure below to submit your application
- You must visit the online application porta and initiate your application.
- Choose up to three (3) preferred CoR-department your wish to intern in.
- Correctly complete the online application form. Please note that your responses must be filled in, in English or French.
- All mandatory fields must be completed and make sure to double check this before you press the submit button.
For more information, visit the official website here