Deadline: July 10, 2023
Apply for the EU Youth4Regions Programme For Aspiring Journalists 2023. Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme that aims to help journalism students and young journalists, to discover what the EU is doing in their region. The programme runs every year where students and young Journalists from both EU countries, EU candidate countries, potential EU candidates countries, EFTA countries and ENI countries are selected.
This programme takes place in Brussels, Belgium where selected participants attend trainings on Journalism and EU policy, attend mentorships sessions from established Journalists and visit various EU Institutions. The 2023 programme will take place from October 7, 2023 to October 13, 2023. Applicants are primarily Student Journalists or young journalists applicants with a maximum of 2 years since their graduation.
If selected for the programme, you will travel to Brussels where you will spend close to week, attending several trainings and other programme activities. You will receive the following benefits
- The programme will provide you with accommodation for the whole duration of stay in brussels
- Your travel expenses both to and from Brussels will be covered by the European Commission
- You will attend several trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- Program participants will have the opportunity to receive mentorship from established journalists
- You will work alongside renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Participants will have the opportunity to visit the EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
To be eligible for the program , you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the participating countries
- Candidates must be coming from EU Countries, EU candidate countries, potential EU candidates countries, EFTA countries and ENI countries (Please see full list here)
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of application
- You must demonstrate interest in what EU regional policy is doing in your region
- Candidates must be Student Journalists or graduates with a Background in journalism
- Young graduate Journalist must have up to 2 years of work experience from the date of their graduation.
- If selected, you must be available and ready to travel to Brussels during 7– 13 October in which the programme will take place.
Applications for the programme are submitted online using the online portal provided. All applications must be submitted before the deadline of July 10, 2023.
Your application will require you to You must send a short article of between 2500 to 6250 characters or a short video reportage of between 2 – 3 minutes depicting a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund. Your work should cover the theme of the current edition of the programme.